Quest Laundry Rooms

zentraveler

Are there laundry rooms (washer/dryer) rooms on every deck? Fewer? How many washers/dryers? I assume soap will be there but what about dryer sheets or fabric softener?

I like the idea of the $50 laundry bags, but we will have almost nothing that needs to be ironed and am a bit fussy about how my laundry is done (dryer temp etc) so often just prefer to do my own. But only if it is easy -- otherwise that laundry bag will be my friend :D

The laundry room for guests is on Deck 5. There are two rooms, across the corridor from each other. It's been about 3 years since I used it so I may well be wrong but I believe there are two (possibly 3) machines in each room. They are washer/dryer and are very efficient. Soap is definitely supplied, I can't remember if fabric softener and dryer sheets are too.

Other posters will know for sure.

Thanks all. I think I am going to love the laundry bags and stop caring about how my clothes get dried about 5 minutes after I get on the ship - if not right now :D

And thanks Isklaar. Someone already offered one so I am all set.

Are there laundry rooms (washer/dryer) rooms on every deck? Fewer? How many washers/dryers? I assume soap will be there but what about dryer sheets or fabric softener?

I like the idea of the $50 laundry bags, but we will have almost nothing that needs to be ironed and am a bit fussy about how my laundry is done (dryer temp etc) so often just prefer to do my own. But only if it is easy -- otherwise that laundry bag will be my friend :D

Detergent is supplied. Dryer sheets are not. Bring a couple with you.

Hi I have just been reading the below question re laundry on the Quest.

We are sailing on it next year and we are first time cruises.

Would some one please explain what the 50 dollar bags are and is that US.

Also we are sailing med May from Amsterdam to Stockholm, Has anyone been at that time of and can advise me re clothing?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Laundry Rooms: What I remember is two washers and two dryers per room, for a total of 4 washers and 4 dryers on the ship. And I remember that many Seabourn sailors are loyal, so they get great laundry benefits, thus the laundry machines were not much in demand.

shyla100 - the laundry bags are 50 US dollars; you can squash a fair amount of tightly rolled clothes into one, put it on your doorknob before 10 a.m., and it will come back probably the next day, could be 2 days, with everything beautifully washed and ironed, on hangers and put in your walkin wardrobe; any nightwear or undies packed in tissue in a basket. Cruise enough times with SB and you will get free laundry!!

Yes 2 per room, and last time I traveled (April/May) there was a back up. I tried three times on a 7 day. Always full. I asked another who was in the room what the etiquette was. There were clothes in the drier that were dry just sitting there. The person said take them out, and place your cloths in. That's why there are baskets in the room. So I did. It's rude to let your cloths sit. I understand you might need 10 minutes or so, but this was 1/2 hour +.

Be kind. Watch your time to all using . This is a great perk to have these for us to use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes 2 per room, and last time I traveled (April/May) there was a back up. I tried three times on a 7 day. Always full. I asked another who was in the room what the etiquette was. There were clothes in the drier that were dry just sitting there. The person said take them out, and place your cloths in. That's why there are baskets in the room. So I did. It's rude to let your cloths sit. I understand you might need 10 minutes or so, but this was 1/2 hour +.

Be kind. Watch your time to all using . This is a great perk to have these for us to use.

This is a perennial problem in places where people are sharing washer/dryers. Taking clothes out of a dryer and into a basket is fine and not a problem for the clothes. They are sitting there anyway. The trickier issue is what to do with clothes left in the washer, as you can ruin someone's clothes by drying them on too high heat, or drying something that was not meant to be machine dried. So second the plea for all around thoughtfulness!

shyla100 - the laundry bags are 50 US dollars; you can squash a fair amount of tightly rolled clothes into one, put it on your doorknob before 10 a.m., and it will come back probably the next day, could be 2 days, with everything beautifully washed and ironed, on hangers and put in your walkin wardrobe; any nightwear or undies packed in tissue in a basket. Cruise enough times with SB and you will get free laundry!!

The laundry bags are a great deal. An even better deal if you have passed the silver status and can get a free one for the trip! I remember a while back one thread devolved into how much one could stuff into the bag. It was quite impressive. I know the last time I managed to stuff at least 3-4 days worth of clothes into the bag...

This is a perennial problem in places where people are sharing washer/dryers. Taking clothes out of a dryer and into a basket is fine and not a problem for the clothes. They are sitting there anyway. The trickier issue is what to do with clothes left in the washer, as you can ruin someone's clothes by drying them on too high heat, or drying something that was not meant to be machine dried. So second the plea for all around thoughtfulness!
I would just put the wet clothes in the provided basket that way the user can sort and dry.

I would just put the wet clothes in the provided basket that way the user can sort and dry.

The right move of course. Have done that too; not sure why I wasn't thinking about it! I am usually so interested in getting my clothes in and out of laundry rooms in one piece and not wrinkled or missing a sock (or worse) that I am always really attentive.

We just returned from a Canadian cruise on Quest. We prefer to do our own laundry as we are particular about some items. Two newer washers and dryers are in each laundry room. Laundry soap is supplied but not dryer sheets. They can all be busy on sea days and most people are very considerate to watch the time. One option while you are waiting - there are chairs in the nearby conference room which you can place in the hall When staff came by, we asked for a drink while waiting and they happily brought a try of glasses of champagne for all those waiting for their laundry to finish. What a way to do laundry!

Lovely.We just got off the Silversea Wind and it was nasty.Two machines out of 3 were not working,people were lined up in the hall not happy and no drinks.

I use the $50.00 bag of SB but Silversea did not have that option.

One option while you are waiting - there are chairs in the nearby conference room which you can place in the hall When staff came by, we asked for a drink while waiting and they happily brought a try of glasses of champagne for all those waiting for their laundry to finish. What a way to do laundry!

Love Seabourn!

Lovely.We just got off the Silversea Wind and it was nasty.Two machines out of 3 were not working,people were lined up in the hall not happy and no drinks.

I use the $50.00 bag of SB but Silversea did not have that option.

The difference is the Wind has several laundry rooms. Seabourn has 4 washers/dryers to serve up to 480 people. It can be a war zone. One of very few areas that SB fails. No problem on the new SB ships.....there will be zero.

The difference is the Wind has several laundry rooms. Seabourn has 4 washers/dryers to serve up to 480 people. It can be a war zone. One of very few areas that SB fails. No problem on the new SB ships.....there will be zero.

No we just got off the Wind 1 room and only 3 machines for the entire ship.2 were not working,

Capri73,

Thanks for the facts about the Wind. And who knew the Ody class ships carry 480 passengers? Not me, and I have been several times. And even if they were, there are many passengers who have free laundry service as a Club benefit.

Oh well...

Happy and healthy sailing!

Edited by markham

The thing i remember from the washing rooms is that i walked past it really fast, eyes fixed to the floor. Why, in heaven, would anyone do the laundry when on holiday? there is laundry service on board Seabourn ships, so use that and go back outside on deck with a glass of something nice and cold and enjoy your holiday.

Capri73,

Thanks for the facts about the Wind. And who knew the Ody class ships carry 480 passengers? Not me, and I have been several times. And even if they were, there are many passengers who have free laundry service as a Club benefit.

Oh well...

Happy and healthy sailing!

Did I say 480 passengers? It was written to include entertainment and support staff that have access to this room.

My apologies for being wrong about Wind having one laundry room. And it's totally believable 2 of 3 washers being out of order.

Can a thread like this ever go without "why would anyone do laundry while on vacation?" No.