Best April cruise for over 55

fishdr

Hello, My hubby and I haven't been on a cruise in awhile. We would like to take a cruise to get out of the cold weather and cruise to the carribbean/bahammas in April. Can't decide on which cruise. Our priorities are great dining, sun and relaxation. Good entertainment. Ports with beaches close by. I love the feel of a new ship but wondering if paying for all those activities that we won't partake in makes sense. ex. wave simulator, sky diving, ice skating.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Considered the Anthem out of New Jersey (no air involved here). Con: Won't get far enough south and perhaps not enough sun.

Considered Celebrity Sihouette out of Ft Lauderdale. Possibly the reflection. Also looked at RC allure and Oasis.

We are really confused. Any advise would be appreciated.

We are huge Celebrity fans. We are booked on the Silhouette T/A this November and on a BTB in March/April. We are of similar age and find the food to be better than other large ships. We enjoy the entertainment on Celebrity however the newer RC ships are better.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you Crz4all. Your reply does help. I have a hold on the silhouette. I am thinking the Aqua class 2 aft would be good as the A1 seems to have overhangs on the balconies and I want a sunny balcony. My hubby thinks the aqua class is a gimick and not worth the extra. Do you usually choos aqua class? Are te a1 rooms totally void of sun? Right now it is only $60 more for A1 vs A2.

In April the cruise ships are packed with families for spring break, even Celebrity. On a five day from Miami on Constellation (I think) there were almost 600 children. The crew was exhausted because so many cabins were 3 or 4 people. I love kids but will never do Caribbean again that time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

fishdr, given your priorities, I think Celebrity would be a great choice. The 10 night Equinox sounds wonderful (r.t. from Ft. Lauderdale), or as you mentioned, the 7 nt. eastern Caribbean itineraries on Silhouette and Reflection. There is also an 8 nt. Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary on the Summit, but it departs from San Juan- although you'd disembark at Cape Liberty. :)

The Aqua Class would appeal to those that enjoy the spa elements, and you would have exclusive access to Blu (specialty restaurant), and complimentary breakfast. Also complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room, as well as other benefits.

As you may know, Celebrity's loyalty program (Captain's Club) offers reciprocity with RCI Crown & Anchor (and Azamara). Example, Diamond status with RCI provides Elite status on Celebrity.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

Booked Celebrity Silhouette. Concierge C3. Thank you. Are we better off forward or aft just past the the bumb? Any thoughts.

My preference would be to book just past the hump, rather than forward. Here is a 'sticky' thread from the Celebrity Cruises forum that may be helpful, with S-Class cabin info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018. While you cannot post a question there, you can do a Search or post your question on the cruiseline forum here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28.