New Celebrity Cruiser

dubbie01

HELLO!!!!! My husband and I are new to Celebrity but LOVE cruising!!! Only cruised on Carnival (not our cup of tea or margarita)and RCCL, which we LOVE. What are the differences in Royal and Celebrity especially in dress on board ship?????

In comparing Celebrity and RCI, Celebrity is a little bit older demographic than RCI. Maybe a bit quieter, sophisticated perhaps. We had times in the later evening when we were bored on Celebrity. Passengers seem to go to bed a little earlier. RCI is generally more active, overall a little younger demographic. We like Celebrity very much, but we like RCI very much, too. As far as the dress goes, definitely a bit more casual on RCI. Not that you can't dress up, but overall a bit more casual on RCI. You can't go wrong with either line, IMHO.

In comparing Celebrity and RCI, Celebrity is a little bit older demographic than RCI. Maybe a bit quieter, sophisticated perhaps. We had times in the later evening when we were bored on Celebrity. Passengers seem to go to bed a little earlier. RCI is generally more active, overall a little younger demographic. We like Celebrity very much, but we like RCI very much, too. As far as the dress goes, definitely a bit more casual on RCI. Not that you can't dress up, but overall a bit more casual on RCI. You can't go wrong with either line, IMHO.

Thank you so much!!!

I have been on Royal Caribbean many times and on Celebrity once so far. I really love both cruise lines. I found Celebrity to be a bit more upscale in the ambiance, food, etc. I also found the service to be slightly better. However, on Royal, I think there are more activities and more things for younger people. I would do either cruise line again in a heartbeat! As for dressing, I dress the same regardless of the cruise line. I like to dress up in the dining room, so I do that on either cruise line.. Overall, people dress up a little bit more on Celebrity I would say.

HELLO!!!!! My husband and I are new to Celebrity but LOVE cruising!!! Only cruised on Carnival (not our cup of tea or margarita)and RCCL, which we LOVE. What are the differences in Royal and Celebrity especially in dress on board ship?????

Welcome to cruise critic, if you love Royal you will enjoy X as well, and the good thing is if you have any loyalty with royal it is reciprocal to X. I have found that the dress standards are very similar now that X have gone evening chic rather than the formal nights. I prefer X as I find that I do not use the attractions (flow rider, rock wall, etc that royal have), so the demographic is more suitable for my tastes. Enjoy.

No smoking in any indoor spaces, so I don't have to hold my breath when walking through. Less children aboard than RCL. Iced towels and cool drinks as you return to the ship after a hot port day.Hand rolled towels in the restrooms, champagne greeting on embarkation. Better specialty restaurants. Dress is a little more upscale, at least that's been our experience. The customer service was better on X, we never had too look for a pool butler or a drink in the theater even though we had a completely drink packages on X and we're paying on RC.