RCI Question and Freedom of the Seas

956wenbrook

Hi, I tried searching these but can't find anything but I know it's somewhere. Sorry! My questions:

1. Is this the most current drink package for I heard they recently changed it and I am not sure http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/13032790_2013_Beverage_Packages_Sales_Flyer.pdf

1a. What are the drink prices? Trying to see if worth it. We do drink and love wine.

2. Diapers....ugh. Never traveled with a kid needing them on a cruise but we have a 2 to be 3 yr old. We have a six day cruise. Do they sell any on board lol? I guess I don't know how much to pack and it will take up space. I'm hoping not to have to bring very many and buy on board which will probably be expensive. Do they have a disposal policy or area? I want to be considerate and not stink up trash cans.

3. Do they allow swim diapers? Do they sell any?

4. Are the traditional meal times 5:30 and 8:00pm?

5. I read you can only bring 2 750ml bottles of wine onboard at the first day of cruise per cruise cabin. We have 2 cabins. If this is true can we bring 4 bottles? Not trying to cheat or be cheap but we wanted to bring a few of our favorites for balcony nights. If allowed they charge a cork fee or bring my own opener. We may not do this but just wanted to ask in case.

6. Due to a young one do they provide or have a laundry facility? Cost? I probably sound like my kid is going shart all over all the time lol. Just being cautious.

7. Should we bring own towels or the towel policy pretty simple?

8. Booked cruise but was told to look for deals or specials each month. Where should I concentrate? Just RCI website? Do I subscribe to anything? Where and how? Links? I guess what I mean is what is best most efficient way to check for deals that I can change to while booked beside a travel agent?

Edited by 956wenbrook

2: you really need to bring everything you think you will need and then some. IF there are any available they may not be the right size and will be mondo expensive. You can call special needs and ask for a diaper genie, but those are first come first serve.

3: no and no. If Freedom has a Splash Zone, they can play there. Not permitted at all in pools or hot tubs.

5: two bottles per cabin that has an adult booked in it. No corkage fee and they will supply glasses and an opener no problem

6: no self serve facilities at all

7: they provide towels

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by spookwife

The prices on the list you have is a little out of date.. The Ultimate package now runs about $69.00 per person per day. The current cost of drinks is about 8-12 for wine and 10-12 for cocktails, these prices being on the low cost cocktails. Rule of thumb is 8 drinks per day to breakeven. The packages are also good on the private islands.. Late seating is at 8:30 happy cruising

The prices on the list you have is a little out of date.. The Ultimate package now runs about $69.00 per person per day. The current cost of drinks is about 8-12 for wine and 10-12 for cocktails, these prices being on the low cost cocktails. Rule of thumb is 8 drinks per day to breakeven. The packages are also good on the private islands.. Late seating is at 8:30 happy cruising

Is there a link to it by chance? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will need to bring any and ALL "baby" specific items. The ship doesn't sell anything for the little ones...no diapers, no wipes, no pediatric medications...bring ALL that you need...and a bit extra! You will throw the dirty diapers into the trash (bring extra trash bags!) and the cabin attendant will dispose of them. Scented bags might be good!

No diapers in ANY pool on any ship. Some ships will have a "splash" area...but not all....

Try royal caribbean blog dot com. All one word. They have info on the new packages and drink prices.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I got it but not easy. I had to set up an account on RCI then add my existing reservation manually then "act" like I was buying the drink packages. It showed what I wanted. But I can't chose anything cause I didn't book on website. I booked on phone and to change anything on website it won't let me. Anywho you helped and it worked! That question answered. Only 190 more...

No cheating here I don't want to worry about that crap on a fun cruise. Not implying you thought I was. I think a 44 bucks a day delux drink package and drinks at 8-12 bucks a pop this is a deal.

Completely agree! I also like to have everything paid off ahead of time and no big bill on the last day. A drink package also allows me to try new drinks that I wouldnt risk trying if I was paying per drink.

Thanks.

Another question, we are going down a day early because traveling with kids and I hate flying the day of cruise. Our boat leaves Sunday so we will be in town on Saturday staying in hotel near the port. I think it would be cool to see the boats leave port on Saturday. Does anybody have map or location or address to do this? I see people doing it but not sure where to go or who to ask.

Thanks.

Another question, we are going down a day early because traveling with kids and I hate flying the day of cruise. Our boat leaves Sunday so we will be in town on Saturday staying in hotel near the port. I think it would be cool to see the boats leave port on Saturday. Does anybody have map or location or address to do this? I see people doing it but not sure where to go or who to ask.

If you are cruising out of Port Canaveral you can go out on the Cocoa Beach Pier and watch the ships go by.