Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

We are UK resident new-to-Seabourn cruisers off to the Norwegian Fjords in the summer. Have read with interest the posts on referral coupons on this site and think I almost understand the system. So, does anyone have a coupon which we could use/share? Would at least help those of us who have to otherwise use the puny £ sterling!

Tucruisers

I am thinking of a Seabourn cruise later this year and I have heard of these referral coupons. Are they easy to get hold of? And how do I go about it. I believe that you can get some on board credit if you are referred by a previous Seabourn cruiser. Are they literally paper vouchers printed off an e-mail for example?

I would be grateful for any pointers.

The referral works like this... A past passenger refers a new couple by extending to them a referral coupon. After final payment is made by the new passenger, each guest receives $400 shipboard credit for the next cruise. Hope this explains the concept..

Host Dan

PS No, I don't have any more coupons, and come to think of it, I haven't been mailed any for quite a while..

We are UK resident new-to-Seabourn cruisers off to the Norwegian Fjords in the summer. Have read with interest the posts on referral coupons on this site and think I almost understand the system. So, does anyone have a coupon which we could use/share? Would at least help those of us who have to otherwise use the puny £ sterling!

Tucruisers

A referral coupon, when submitted to your TA upon final payment, will give you and the party referring you, a $400 onboard credit.

If you send (answer me below) your email address, just replace the "@" with "at" I will send you a referral coupon.

T&T

Edited by T&T Vikings

The referral works like this... A past passenger refers a new couple by extending to them a referral coupon. After final payment is made by the new passenger, each guest receives $400 shipboard credit for the next cruise. Hope this explains the concept..

Host Dan

PS No, I don't have any more coupons, and come to think of it, I haven't been mailed any for quite a while..

Thank you for that explanation. Can they be sent as an attachment to an e-mail or do they have to be original coupons?

A referral coupon, when submitted to your TA upon final payment, will give you and the party referring you, a $400 onboard credit.

If you send (answer me below) your email address, just replace the "@" with "at" I will send you a referral coupon.

T&T

My email address is paul dot noon at prospect dot org dot uk. Many thanks in advance and best wishes.

The original coupon. So you would (for once) have to use the old fashioned mail! It's still possible!

Marja

Thank you, Marja. If I am able to go ahead with my plan to try a Seabourn cruise I will have to plead for a coupon in good time before final payment then. Meanwhile I am off on Regent Voyager around Norway at the end of June.

I was on the Voyager over Christmas and had a delightful time. Many similarities to Seabourn and a nicer suite configuration. You will have a delightful time, I am sure.

But Seabourn is more personal and these days, often a better deal. I see Seabourn will be sailing more often from Dover, so that will be convenient.

Edited by JaneBP
Typo

I was on the Voyager over Christmas and had a delightful time.

Yes. I read and enjoyed your review. I was especially interested because you mentioned wheelchair assistance. Since our last cruise (Regent SS Mariner Panama Canal 2007) my wife has had some health problems and now needs a wheelchair to get around. We hope she will largely be able to manage once on board, but our recollections of other Regent cruises is that there is willing help available for excursions etc. and I have no reason to doubt that Seabourn would be equally accommodating.

My wife and I were on a Seabourn cruise in 1992!! We loved it but have not had a chance to do another. However, we are planing on doing one of the November Transatlantic trips this year. Since we cruised with them so long ago but are still "in the club" I wonder about referral coupons. I don't remember ever getting any but now am wondering if there is an opportunity here - either to ask forum members for one (but I am not really a "new" customer) or to get one to give another forum member. Any thoughts?

...John

first time poster

You would have a great time on Seabourn. I've been traveling with them since I was 32. I wouldn't ask for a referral coupon until you were close to final payment. It wouldn't be fair to ask someone to relinquish one oftheir coupons, and have you not use it..

Host Dan

I couldn't have said it better Dan! You take the words right out of my mouth!

Good luck Dan (you know what I mean...)!

Marja

Can someone tell me what the "coupon" entitles one to. On other lines you have to give it at time of booking.

The coupon entitles the new cruiser to a $400 ship board credit, and the referring past passenger the same on their next cruise. The coupon is due at the time of final payment. (This is why I suggested that you ask for one when you know you will be sailing).

Host Dan

Hello,

We will be cruising on Seabourn for the first time (soooo excited!) in October (Spirit, Italian Idyll, 10/17/09).

Does anyone have a referral coupon that they would be kind enough to give to us?

Thank you,

Jackie

jslarson@ix.netcom.com

Edited by Jassy
to add e-mail address

Further to my above request, I noted on another thread requesting a coupon that past cruisers would appreciate knowing where the requestor lives.

So, to answer that question, I am in the United States.

And I would be very appreciative and grateful to any kind SB cruiser who would be willing to send me a referral coupon.

Thank you!

Jackie

Jackie,

You might get a reply closer to your final due date. Members have lost their coupon and referral $$ due to the referee canceling..

Host Dan

Ah, thank you, Host Dan. I had not thought of that, and it is an excellent point! So, keeping in mind that the coupon will need to be shipped to me and I will need to ship it to my TA, how much closer to final payment seems to be a good rule of thumb? (So much to learn!!).

Jackie

Ah, thank you, Host Dan. I had not thought of that, and it is an excellent point! So, keeping in mind that the coupon will need to be shipped to me and I will need to ship it to my TA, how much closer to final payment seems to be a good rule of thumb? (So much to learn!!).

Jackie

You'll probably have good luck a few weeks before final payment is due, lets say late June?

Host Dan

PS Unless you get a coupon before then, remember to resurrect this thread, as a new thread with the same subject matter (BY the same OP) is against CC board guidelines.

My wife and I are embarking on our first cruise Sept 26 on the Odyssey along with another couple and are looking forward to the experience. This board and site in general has been a wonderful resource for us in planning and understanding the nuances of cruising. I'll probably have a few more questions prior to the cruise if I can't find the answers elsewhere. After reading about these referral coupons, I thought I'd throw our hat in the ring and make a request - although I must admit, I don't feel comfortable asking a complete stranger for something of such great value and I don't make this request lightly. However, should we be lucky enough to receive one, you can rest assured that it will be redeemed. We make our final payments on June 28th and are 100 percent committed to this trip. You can reach me at croce@safe-mail.net for the necessary details. We live in Louisville, KY

Regards,

Croce