P&O v NCL Bar prices

Misself

I need help making a decision. :D

Does anyone know how NCL compare with P&O for bar prices? I’m weighing up whether to purchase the Ultimate beverage Package for my forthcoming 7 night NCL cruise.

I've mainly cruised with P&O and on my trip last month my bar bill worked out about £25 a day. The NCL package including gratuities works out about £41 a day so quite a bit more.

However I’m thinking I may be drinking a bit more on the next trip. Last holiday I went with some friends, neither of whom are big drinkers so I probably drank less than I would have if I hadn’t held back a bit. This time I’m going on my own so have no-one judging me when I order ANOTHER glass of wine LOL !!!

So trying to figure how much more expensive overall (if at all) NCL prices are, taking into consideration the 18% gratuities and the Spanish VAT that I would pay if I just paid for drinks onboard. (so I'll save that by pre-purchasing package). I know everyone’s drinking habits are different but interested if any P&O clients were shocked at the prices of NCL and found they spent a lot more.

Thanks

Yes, there's a big difference. And no service charge on top of P&O prices.

Trouble is I can never remember exact prices.

P&O I think a bottle of house wine around £16

NCL, including service something over $30.

Most other prices at much the same ratio, though spirits measures much bigger on NCL.

We've never bought an all-you-can-drink package.

But even when others have complained about poor-value packages (eg Thomson, whose bar prices are similar to P&O but whose packages are much the same as NCL's £41 plus lots of exclusions & supplements), they've worked hard to get best value they can out of them. :D

Kinda stands to reason when the next drink is always "free".

JB :)