Splendor from New York August 29th.

Jeffrey1950

Being as this cruise is at the end of Summer can anyone tell me please if the weather gets cooler at anytime, perhaps in the evening...Just planning clothing. I know last year when going to the Caribbean in June the first night out to sea on my balcony was very cool..

I have to disagree with you. I was on the Splendor last year and really liked it hence...I am going back this year. Have sailed Cunard three times so am used to the best and yet Splendor gets a "thumbs up" from me. I am sure there are plenty who like this ship. Next year I am on the Queen Mary but this year the Splendor is good for me. I guess not everyone likes it but I am sure there are a lot of people who are repeat passengers.

No it is not Canada although I would like to do the cruise to Halifax one day. The one I am going on goes to Nassau, Port Canaveral and Freeport.

Well...I would expect it to be a little cooler than the land. Hopefully the land will still be warm.

We cruised the splendor in Feb and it was lovely. It doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades but we didn't have our teenagers with us so we did not miss it.

We loved the Spa! I highly recommend a spa room or a spa pass for the week!

The adult deck was heavenly. Service was great!

One great perk of the splendor is that the lido has a retractable roof. On Super Bowl Sunday, it was drizzling, they closed the roof and the festivities continued. I would definitely recommend a sweater for the dining room the A/C can be quite chilly. Enjoy!

Edited by Princess Nancy

I guess they cannot please everyone...hands up all those who like the Splendor !!

:)

Hands up!!! About the only thing I didn't like about Splendor was the MDR where we had YTD. Black pearl. Not a fan, but did not effect the cruise all all. Serenity area is a joke, but we don't usually go there, so it was no biggie for us. Weather is a crap shoot. End of August is usually HOT AND HUMID here (we live 20 minutes from the port) and if you are going south I can imagine it would be even more so,but I have also found that you can get a chilly wind while cruising, so best to pack a hoodie just in case. And remember you have bathrobes in your stateroom if needed! :p Have a great cruise!

As you can see from my signature, I like the Splendor or I wouldn't be sailing on her for the third time. :) Temperatures in NY in August can be hot & humid or slightly cool. It's unlikely it will be cold. I would bring a hoodie, but if you're heading south, plan on warm temps. Have a great cruise!

Cold for first day. Splendor is a hole.

Don't know what your standards are for judging a ship, but you are way off base here. :confused:

Splendor's crew goes out of their way to keep passengers happy, loads of activities on sea days, plenty of choice for evening entertainment, live bands/groups performing in various areas of the ship, very large food portions in MDR, cabins tend to be larger than RCL/Celebrity, etc.

No bumper cars or flight simulators but big screen by the pool.

MARAPRINCE

Splendor would not have the high number of repeat passengers it has if passengers weren't satisfied. In the NY/NJ area there are several cruise lines that passengers could sail with but they are choosing Splendor.

MARAPRINCE

Will be sailing on the Splendor for the first time at the end of the month. I know it doesn't have some of the amenities that the newer ships do, but I've never sailed the newer ships, so I am not likely to miss them. :-)

That said, weather wise leaving from NY, it will mirror whatever weather NYC is having for the first day at sea and the last day at sea. In 2011 I was on the sailing that left on 9/11 and the weather that day was slightly overcast but in the 80's; our last day at sea was wet and rainy and rocky (we were tailing a hurricane...Bertha, I think). The following year it was sunny and warm both going and coming for an early September departure.

Right now in NYC we have so far this year been cooler than normal, so if you are not from the area I'd just watch the weather forecasts.

We will be on the same cruise as you. This is our first time on splendor however we have sailed at this same exact time of year before, it will still be quite warm from Florida onwards.. But not the crazy oppressive heat you'd have earlier in the summer. Weather should be quite pleasing to you, hope to see you aboard!

We cruised on the Splendor out of NYC on 6/17/15. It was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to, but we had a great time and I was in no way disappointed. It was cool and overcast our first evening out, I wore a hoodie on our balcony but was warm and sunny by morning.

We will be on the same cruise as you. This is our first time on splendor however we have sailed at this same exact time of year before, it will still be quite warm from Florida onwards.. But not the crazy oppressive heat you'd have earlier in the summer. Weather should be quite pleasing to you, hope to see you aboard!

I am sure you will enjoy life on board the Splendor ,

Being as this cruise is at the end of Summer can anyone tell me please if the weather gets cooler at anytime, perhaps in the evening...Just planning clothing. I know last year when going to the Caribbean in June the first night out to sea on my balcony was very cool..

I did this same cruise back in 2010 in mid Sept and only needed a light jacket one day. I am taking this same cruise the day that you disembark from it. Weather should be fine. You will enjoy the cruise. To me it was the best cruise that I have taken so and and looking forward to Sept 6.