Carnival Stock

Donh44

I am considering buying some Carnival stock. I understand that with the purchase of a minimum of 100 shares, the invester is entitled to OBC ranging from $50 to $200.00 depending on cruise length. My question is: Is this the rule for every cruise after the stock purchase or only on the first cruise after purchasing the stock? I have read a lot about it and got the impression that it might only be for the first cruise after purchase. Can someone answer my question? I would appreciate it.

My question is: Is this the rule for every cruise after the stock purchase or only on the first cruise after purchasing the stock? I have read a lot about it and got the impression that it might only be for the first cruise after purchase. Can someone answer my question? I would appreciate it.

Every qualifying cruise.

Every qualifying cruise.

On every CCL Corp cruise line--Carnival, Princess, HAL, Cunard, etc. There are a few fares that do not qualify for the OBC.

Edited by SadieN

Yep, every qualifying cruise, however, you have to request, and send in proof of ownership for each, and every cruise.

"SKY"

Thanks everyone. I thought that was the way that it worked but I read one article which led me to believe otherwise. I knew that I would get good information from CC members. Thanks again. Now, if it would only drop a little bit (for my benefit) and I will purchase some.

Plus there is a $1/share dividend for the stock. Not a lot, but something extra :)

This may sound dumb, but I don't understand this. You mean over and above the quarterly dividends? Not sure I understand, but then I am a novice at this.

i have been thinking about buying 100 shares but what would a good price point for the stock be to purchase. i see it is at around 49.63 right now. it seems to be at the top of the market now.

i have been thinking about buying 100 shares but what would a good price point for the stock be to purchase. i see it is at around 49.63 right now. it seems to be at the top of the market now.

A "good price point" is the one that makes sense to you. When I bought in it was just under $20 a share & it was a historically low trading stock, so that seemed like about the best I would do - I figured it might go into the 30s but never expected the current trading value! With the shareholders credits the dividends AND the upward trend I've done alright. It's a long term hold for me as long as I continue to reap the rewards. :p

I wouldn't buy it at this price just for the OBC. if you plan on keeping it and cruise once in a while the OBC and dividend do give you a good return.

At close to a $5000 investment, it hardly makes sense for someone who only cruises a few times/year. The only way, I would purchase it, now, at this price, is if you do like I did last year, and took 10 Carnival cruises, plus 2 other Carnival Corp brands. Stock benefits- tax free $1650.

At close to a $5000 investment, it hardly makes sense for someone who only cruises a few times/year. The only way, I would purchase it, now, at this price, is if you do like I did last year, and took 10 Carnival cruises, plus 2 other Carnival Corp brands. Stock benefits- tax free $1650.

Makes sense for less than 10 but this is about why we keep it at this price.

Last year did 5 cruises and got back $ 800.:):)

We purchased about a month ago to try out the OBC and have seen it rise $2.50 or so since then. For us it will be a long term hold as well as cruising is our thing. But should we want to sell today, we'd have about $300 from the stock plus the OBC we've booked.

I've read where people by, book the OBC and then sell, so there is that option too.

A "good price point" is the one that makes sense to you. When I bought in it was just under $20 a share & it was a historically low trading stock, so that seemed like about the best I would do - I figured it might go into the 30s but never expected the current trading value! With the shareholders credits the dividends AND the upward trend I've done alright. It's a long term hold for me as long as I continue to reap the rewards. :p

I bought my 100 shares in 2009 when the price was $17.06 including commission. We now only do B2B so I have really benefitted from my ownership.

We purchased about a month ago to try out the OBC and have seen it rise $2.50 or so since then. For us it will be a long term hold as well as cruising is our thing. But should we want to sell today, we'd have about $300 from the stock plus the OBC we've booked.

I've read where people by, book the OBC and then sell, so there is that option too.

Way to much work to make $ 100 obc for a 7 day cruise.

You also have risk price goes down and than you have to report tax consequence to IRS.

I am considering buying some Carnival stock. I understand that with the purchase of a minimum of 100 shares, the invester is entitled to OBC ranging from $50 to $200.00 depending on cruise length. My question is: Is this the rule for every cruise after the stock purchase or only on the first cruise after purchasing the stock? I have read a lot about it and got the impression that it might only be for the first cruise after purchase. Can someone answer my question? I would appreciate it.

I bought my 100 shares of Carnival stock 1 year ago. During that year I have received $25 in dividends every 3 months, I have received a total of $200 in on board credit, and the value of my stock has gone up by 30%. If I sold today I would have made a total profit of $1460 in one year's time. While I realize it's unlikely the market will do this well every year and the value could certainly go back down I'm still a happy camper and have no intention of selling my stock.

This may sound totally uneducated (which I am regarding stocks)...,

How does one go about purchasing CCL shares? And checking current value?

You can check the current value by typing CCL into any search engine (Yahoo, Google). There are many online stock brokers for which you can purchase the stock. Do a search on "online stock brokers"