Carnival GC thru Verizon

jneaves

From what I've been learning on here they aren't discontinued they just aren't available at the moment. Some were available on Wednesday, but you just have to check VZW every day to see if any become available. When they do become available grab all that you can. I'm wishing I would've grabbed more.

Hopefully this helps.

Just a heads up about Verizon Smart Rewards customer service. I mentioned this a few days ago on another thread, but I thought I would give an update here on what's transpired...

I had placed 2 separate orders a few weeks apart for Carnival gift cards--the first order came by regular mail in a timely fashion ($300 worth).

A few weeks later, I saw the $500 gift cards available and ordered one of those. It came in a timely fashion by UPS, and I had to sign for it.

On June 23, I was too late to the website to snatch another $500 gift card, so I purchased five of the $100 gift cards. On Saturday, June 27, I checked the tracking number to see when I could expect delivery and saw that these too were sent by UPS and that they had supposedly tried to deliver them to me on the previous day, but that the "1st attempt at delivery failed." The UPS website said they would make a 2nd attempt on the following Monday (June 29). Now, there was no note on my door to tell me that they had tried to leave a package--I only found this out because I went to the UPS website. UPS did leave another package on my doorstep on that Friday (one from another retailer that did not require a signature), so I do know that UPS was in fact at my house on that day.

On Monday morning, I checked the UPS website again to see if the envelope was on the way, and found a message that said the merchandise was missing. Not so great news since we leave for our cruise on July 10. No big deal, though, I thought, I'll just call Verizon, and they'll handle it and send me substitute cards....hoping they actually had some (we all know how scarce they are).

I have been on the phone with Verizon Smart Rewards every day since then, and their customer service is horrendous. They're nice enough--but they still haven't authorized any replacement cards for me and are "opening a ticket, investigating, asking for the original cards to be deactivated." I've tried to be patient, but yesterday I told them that in my opinion they have a problem with UPS, not me. I asked for an immediate priority shipment of what I've already paid for, and then advised them that they can take care of the rest on the back end on their own time. It's not like they're going to be out anything. They either can get the "missing" cards deactivated by Carnival or they can recoup their money from UPS. The UPS blurb on their website said the "carton was empty and was discarded." It's all very well documented that I placed an order in good faith, that I paid for the merchandise, and that I never received the merchandise. Verizon customer service keeps apologizing, but apologies are not getting those gift cards in my hands.

As you can probably tell, I'm beyond frustrated. I've told them if I don't have the cards before we leave for the cruise that I don't want them. Sure, I'll be out the $50 discount, but I'll just have to live with that. I can always order more gift cards later on, but I'll probably order them from AARP just because of the horrendous customer service I've encountered with Verizon.

If I don't get a resolution by Monday at lunch time, I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute the charge. Verizon keeps telling me that it has to "go through the process." Sure it does, but I don't think they should keep the customer waiting while the process ensues. That's their problem, and they're making it mine.

Like I said, I'm sure this doesn't happen very often--it just sucks when it happens to you, especially when it's time sensitive. I thought I had plenty of time to get the cards (and should have), but now they're just telling me to be patient. I've escalated to a supervisor as of yesterday, and he was also sympathetic but did nothing to resolve the issue.

Anyway, just a little reminder that stuff can/does get "lost" by the carriers, sure, but, more than that, this a warning that Verizon Smart Rewards is not going to do a lot to help you out in a pinch.

I'll let everybody know the eventual outcome, but I don't hold a lot of hope that it's going to turn out great. The hassle of a credit card dispute is not something I'm looking forward to, but I'm not going to wait around forever on Verizon, and I can just hear them now saying that they'll refund my purchase price (and I'll probably will have to fight to get back my 5000 Verizon Rewards points), and that it will take 2-3 billing cycles to appear on my credit card statement. I don't think so.

Edited by CruzCrazy

Hi...trying to learn al I can about cell phones etc as we will be sailing with 3 teens. Please don't laugh at me but what does GC and RCCL mean?

TA-travel agent

PVP- private vacation planner

DH-DW-DD-DS. Darling husband, wife,daughter , son

CCL- carnival cruise line

HMC- half moon cay

This are just a few more that come to mind, hope this helps also..[emoji41]

I've given up on trying to get them through Verizon. It's not worth the hassle and headaches. I've tried for the last 6 months to even get one $100 card and they were all sold out everytime within 5 minutes. Once in a while I'm able to get to the computer and check but they are generally released when I'm not near a computer (some of us don't or can't use computers at work) or asleep.

Edited by bubbles4ever
adding

but I'll probably order them from AARP just because of the horrendous customer service I've encountered with Verizon.

I believe AARP and Verizon use the same Fullfillment Company for their Rewards programs, so the customer service will be the same.

The rewards program are the same company for aarp and Verizon. Its destination rewards or something like that, if you look at the bottom of each of their websites.

The company that Verizon gets the gift cards from is Giftango. This is from the Carnival website

Verizon Wireless now utilizes Carnival’s Gift Card program – the gift cards are provided by Giftango, a vendor who sells our gift cards to corporations for rewards programs.

Customers of Verizon Wireless are able to purchase Carnival Gift cards through Verizon’s Customer Rewards program using points they have earned.

Guests are able to redeem their gift card for the following:

• Total cost of their cruise (cruise fare and fees)
  • Shore Excursions online
  • Use as an On Board Credit on guest’s Sail & Sign card

Edited by bubbles4ever

Interesting, since I had assumed they were buying the cards in bulk from Carnival themselves.

Looks like Giftango was bought out by InComm, but it's the same principle. Verizon can order cards in bulk from InComm at a discount and then pass them on to us at a discount (plus points).

When you call customer service for Verizon Rewards, you are speaking to a branch of Verizon, not this other provider, but I assume that's who they go to when a problem turns up with non-delivery, etc.

You can actually go to InComm's website and see what cards they currently have available...Royal is there but not Carnival, which is representative of what is seen on the Verizon Rewards page right now (the same for AARP).

I'm not saying AARP customer service would handle my situation any better/ differently, but they might.