Divina Parking at Miami Cruise Ship Terminal

TRAVELINGMAN2

Links:

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

Note that it's $20/day, roughly double the price of the offsite parking lots. (I assume there is tax on this as with the 3rd party providers, but I don't know that for sure.)

Cons:

Expensive, roughly $10/day more than other parking

No reservations accepted

Don't get to drive through the tunnel to get onto the island

Pros:

Right on site, easy in, easy out presumably

No waiting on a shuttle to get to your car

(I assume) you take your car keys with you.

The 3rd party providers all seem to have poor to mediocre reviews. We've done that a couple times with no issues, but I really don't like it when they require you to leave you keys so they can move the car during the week.

We have not parked at the port because DW doesn't want to spend the extra $, but I think in April we probably will. We want to try to make it home in one day this time. It's about 10.5 hours on the road with 2 small kids, so not having the additional delay of waiting on the parking shuttle is a win.

I (assume) that it's possible and typical to take your bags and walk to the car when parked at the port. All things being normal, you're in the car maybe 10 minutes after clearing customs? Can anybody share their experience?

We parked at the cruiseport last week to go on the Divina. I think it was terminal G - but it was right opposite the Divina, so you could see it from a distance.

$20 a day is costly, but based on horrible reviews of the offsite places, plus all the good feedback from CC, we decided to stay at the cruiseport - we had no reservations (don't think they accept them) but we had no trouble. We parked the car, took the elevator down to the ground floor with our suitcases, crossed at the crosswalk, and checked into MSC. It was simple.

When we returned, we came out of the MSC terminal, walked across the street with our suitcases and got in our car. They took our credit card when we left, the lady in the booth was very friendly.

Miami is NOT a good place to just leave your car, or hand your keys over to ANYONE. We've parked off site in Jacksonville, in Fort Lauderdale and lots of other places but I wouldn't recommend it in Miami. Pay the extra and have peace of mind while you're on your cruise!

A little additional story...we returned from 7 days on the MSC Divina 3 days ago. When I got in the car, there was a note on the passenger door, saying "I've locked your door for you, it's not a good idea to leave it wide open, Have a nice day". Apparently, with all the commotion of getting the cases out of the trunk, (we were not late at all), I was over excited and for the first time in my entire life, I walked away from my car with the door open. I CANNOT BELIEVE I DID THAT!

However, thank God, the car was not stolen, nothing inside was touched (there was nothing to steal) and after my shock at my own carelessness wore off, we drove away, planning on our next Divina cruise.

PAY THE MONEY - STAY AT THE MIAMI CRUISEPORT!

We have always used the terminal's parking. Yes, it is expensive, but if I am willing to spend thousands on a cruise, I am not going to save a few dollars by leaving my car on a parking lot. The security, convenience, and above all the peace of mind are well worth the extra money.

$20 a day is costly, but based on horrible reviews of the offsite places, plus all the good feedback from CC, we decided to stay at the cruiseport - we had no reservations (don't think they accept them) but we had no trouble. We parked the car, took the elevator down to the ground floor with our suitcases, crossed at the crosswalk, and checked into MSC. It was simple.

When we returned, we came out of the MSC terminal, walked across the street with our suitcases and got in our car. They took our credit card when we left, the lady in the booth was very friendly.

Thanks for the feedback. That is what I was thinking, but some places aren't implemented well. For instance, for several years in Galveston the 'official port parking' was a remote lot but they would not transport bags on the shuttle. You'd have to go through the loop and wait in line to drop bags, and then go park and take the shuttle back. I think that foolishness finally ended when they got some competition.

• 7 months later...
Links:

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

Note that it's $20/day, roughly double the price of the offsite parking lots. (I assume there is tax on this as with the 3rd party providers, but I don't know that for sure.)

Cons:

Expensive, roughly $10/day more than other parking

No reservations accepted

Don't get to drive through the tunnel to get onto the island

Pros:

Right on site, easy in, easy out presumably

No waiting on a shuttle to get to your car

(I assume) you take your car keys with you.

Sorry for bring up this semi old thread. But that Con

"don't get to drive through the tunnel to get onto the island" has me confused.

The last time we drove to the Port of Miami we DID go through the tunnel.Is Divina parked somewhere where it's preferable not to use the tunnel?:confused::confused:

The last time we drove to the Port of Miami we DID go through the tunnel.Is Divina parked somewhere where it's preferable not to use the tunnel?:confused::confused:

Divina is docked at terminal "F",,we've taken the tunnel twice now to get to the Port Of Miami when we come from I-95, and we park in the covered parking garage across from terminal "G".:)

Edited by Mikesa1721

We used Safe Cruise Parking for our July MSC Divina cruise. (Five day) It was close to the port, gated and walled. Timing was perfect when we arrived, as a large family arrived a head of us. We got on the shuttle and were taken straight to the port and walked right onto the ship. However, after the cruise, it took close to an hour to finally get picked up and returned to our car. Our car was fine. No, I did not like leaving my keys with them. But, all their staff were friendly. It was a bit over 40.00 for the five days.

You know, I wrote it and I can't figure out what I meant either. :o

Definitely go through the tunnel. It just merges with what seems to be the main stream of traffic coming on from Port blvd. It's cool, and I'm pretty sure it saved us 5 minutes last time by avoiding the backup on Port Blvd.

Edited by mikesteg

I realize this thread is 8 months old but.....we lived in Miami for the past 25 years (DH has lived there that past 60 years) and we would NEVER park any where other than at the port. $20 is a small price to pay if you value your car and its contents. I worked downtown the past 13 years and I rode Metrorail so I wouldn't have my car broken into while I was working (co workers who drove and parked in our buildings covered parking had almost daily problems). Homeless people in Bayfront Park will break into a car for anything they can use. Sorry, that's just the way it is nowadays. I loved Miami but I was glad to leave last year. It's just another big city now with big city problems although I loved the weather and the proximity to the water and the Keys.

We have never had a problem parking at the cruise port garages and the convenience outweighs any money savings. The off port lots have security problems, even with cameras and patrol dogs and the neighborhoods they are in are not safe even in the day time. A lot of people on Cruise Critic say they always park off port and have never had a problem. Yeah, but a lot of people don't read Cruise Critic and you should hear some of the horror stories. Jus' sayin'.

Edited by Diver2014

• 2 weeks later...
Divina is docked at terminal "F",,we've taken the tunnel twice now to get to the Port Of Miami when we come from I-95, and we park in the covered parking garage across from terminal "G".:)

We came back yesterday and I will echo this post.

The port parking is so handy! Park car, walk across street, board ship. Coming back , go through customs, walk across street, get in car, drive home. It is pricey, but figure in the time waiting for a shuttle and paying a tip both directions it becomes not so expensive.

In the past, disabled parking was free. Now you need a car with hand controls, a ramp or some other features.

I can park free at my sisters house in Homestead if I want. But then I will need to get to the ship and back to her house. I plan on parking at the port on my next cruise.

As far as I know the Divina can be accessed thru the tunnel, She parks just before the ship turn around at the pier. I think you have to take the first left turn when you come out of the tunnel to get to her.:)

I got this from Google:

dade%20terminal%20map.png

As Mikesa indicated, Divina is parked at "F" so "G" is the closest parking garage. However, if SL is accessible it looks like a good choice also...

Here is the island map:

dade%20map.png

And my glorious drawing skills showing the tunnel and entry to the island:

Dade%20map%20with%20smoosh2.png

The tunnel runs under the park then up to the side road which merges with the main loop... which is more of a rectangle.

However, you come up and merge, then take a left and another left and then drive along the entire set of parking garages. Very much like a small airport.

The signage is poor at best, but it's tough to get too lost. The key with Divina is to be aware that you're actually going past the terminal and it's not a mistake.

OK, one more:

POM%20highlighted.png

The blue parallelogram is terminal F and a ship which actually happens to be Divina.

Red is parking garage G.

Blue is the SL lot, which is just a surface lot (perhaps explaining the SL designation.) It does appear to have a toll station, but I suspect that is parking for the POM workers.

The image is from Google maps, and this may or may not work, today or in the future: https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7797304,-80.1761629,647m/data=!3m1!1e3

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Divina 2 weeks ago. We drove to the Port of Miami, dropped off our luggage and passengers and parked at 2pm. There is plenty of parking in

Garage G - even for our oversized pickup truck (and they didn't charge us extra for being over 20 ft long!)

We have been coming in a day early and staying at the LaQuinta East by the airport. Our senior price was $93 + tax and included the one night's stay, breakfast, parking for 7 nights, and one way shuttle to the port. The return is $10 per person. It's cheaper to stay at the hotel than to park at the port and you don't have the hassle.

• 9 months later...