4 New cruise ships to be ordered??

stuart2468

Hopefully one of those Meraviglia case ships will make it here to the US,,,New York would be an ideal home port for that class of all climate ship.

I did read somewhere that the first Meraviglia Ship was to go to the US market after the first year in the med. I forget where i read it now so cant include any link. However i'm not sure how accurate the report was so don't take it as gospel.

Being based out of New York would be amazing. I'd be on that sailing for sure!

Not over keen on this class of ship, to my mind it is just an overstretched version of Divina but each to their own.

Be interesting to see if they make any mention of the Seaside seeing as they have only made one low key announcement some weeks back in Italy.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/talk-of-more-newbuilds-rife-ahead-of-mscs-aponte-meeting-with-french-president-hollande.html

Edited by sidari

Not over keen on this class of ship, to my mind it is just an overstretched version of Divina but each to their own.

Be interesting to see if they make any mention of the Seaside seeing as they have only made one low key announcement some weeks back in Italy.

I have a strange feeling that there is something going on between Fincantieri and MSC Sid. Fincantieri pulls Seaside from the building dock to make way for Carnival Vista. Yesterday it was leaked that MSC may green light 4 more Meraviglia class ships with STX France bringing their total to 8 new builds and only leaving Fincantieri with 3 possibly. So,,,, today I see that Fincantieri has laid the first keel section of the next Carnival Vista class ship,,,not sure in which yard though which leads me to believe that this may be a tit for tat thing. I really hope the conspiracist in me is wrong though!!!

The next Carnival ship is being built at Marghera near Venice, taking the Vista back into dry dock after sea trials is nothing new especially if they had some issues with Azipods or thrusters or even a leak around a weld in the double bottom!

Of the four of the ships to be announced it seems another two will be the Meraviglia plus class ships so there will be four of each.

As you say Fincantieri have the three Seaside class ships to build, parts of which will be built at their other yards for number two and three.

Having looked at the Fincantieri website there is mention of the second Vista class ship, konningsdam just completed for Hal and a few others but not one scrap of info on the Seaside which does seem odd.

Although the blocks are stacking up on the quayside as posted by MSCfans.it on their webpage.

Even their Youtube video page only has the one video from the steel cutting last June.

Edited by sidari

The next Carnival ship is being built at Marghera near Venice, taking the Vista back into dry dock after sea trials is nothing new especially if they had some issues with Azipods or thrusters or even a leak around a weld in the double bottom!

Of the four of the ships to be announced it seems another two will be the Meraviglia plus class ships so there will be four of each.

As you say Fincantieri have the three Seaside class ships to build, parts of which will be built at their other yards for number two and three.

Having looked at the Fincantieri website there is mention of the second Vista class ship, konningsdam just completed for Hal and a few others but not one scrap of info on the Seaside which does seem odd.

Although the blocks are stacking up on the quayside as posted by MSCfans.it on their webpage.

Even their Youtube video page only has the one video from the steel cutting last June.

Just read that the order for 4 more Meraviglia class ships will indeed take place tomorrow at 16:30 in Elysée, residence of the French President.

I'm starting to wonder wether or not we'll see more than the 3 Seaside class ships built Sid. It appears as though MSC is going the way of the all weather class ships.

Mike ... MSC have said they will return to the UK next year but no mention of which ship will be based here, I expect it will be one of the mid class ships or maybe a new one, The Seaside class no doubt will go to maybe Asia or Australia as well as Miami.

Mike ... MSC have said they will return to the UK next year but no mention of which ship will be based here, I expect it will be one of the mid class ships or maybe a new one, The Seaside class no doubt will go to maybe Asia or Australia as well as Miami.

I was thinking Australia,Miami, and perhaps the United Arab Emirates Sid(Abu Dhabi or Dubai). I recall reading an article a while back regarding a tailored made Meraviglia class ship for China but I can't find that article now,,,:confused:

For those who are worried about the Seaside, check on the Carnival forums, and they share your worries about the Vista. There is still a lot of work to be done on her inside. Outside, she's almost done.

Yes Deliver,,I have seen the pics of Vista's interior spaces and she is still far from done, but as Sidari has stated in another thread,,,that work can be done at a different area and not in the dry dock.

20 days until the first paid sailing of Vista, tomorrow evening the ship will leave Monfalcone to go out on the Official Carnival sea trials, the previous ones were carried out by the Fincantiri.

From the photos below I would say that the ship is well on course to be completed in time although as with every new delivery there will be a team onboard who are there to carry out any urgent breakdowns and to continue any unfinished work.

Dry%20D_zpsln3hcqn2.jpg

Dining%20room_zpssjn3eup4.jpg[/url

Lifts_zpsvgg1tn0p.jpg

Wine_zpstdjpjwdf.jpg

Galley_zpsda7jlnag.jpg

Vista%20wraps_zpsjgculkxk.jpg

Edited by sidari

The 4 new ships are part of a new class of ship called "The World" project:

- 200 thousand tons

- 335 meters of length; 47 of width

- Diesel / hybrid propulsion LNG

- 4 billion investment

- First ship delivery in 2022

Wow, that's amazing. And makes perfect sense. There's no need to invest in a further 4 Meraviglia/Vista class ships. I'm so excited for the renderings of this. Details are needed lol

I think these 4 new ships were part of what was known as the "Meraviglia Plus" class of ship which was announced during the Meraviglia coin ceremony.

I think these 4 new ships were part of what was known as the "Meraviglia Plus" class of ship which was announced during the Meraviglia coin ceremony.

Ok, so..... on order now is......

2 x Vista Class (Meraviglia + another)

4 x Meraviglia Plus (but increased to 200,000 tonnes)

3 x Seaside

Ok, so..... on order now is......

2 x Vista Class (Meraviglia + another)

4 x Meraviglia Plus (but increased to 200,000 tonnes)

3 x Seaside

4 x Vista Class - STX France

4 x World Class - STX France

3 x Seaside Class - Fincantieri

11 new ships in total by 2024 increasing the fleet to 23 ships,,,,,for now at least:)

4 x Vista Class - STX France

4 x World Class - STX France

3 x Seaside Class - Fincantieri

11 new ships in total by 2024 increasing the fleet to 23 ships,,,,,for now at least:)

I see. Then the news is as good as i first thought. Roll on the English press release.

To think this will almost double the fleet by 2024 is amazing.

For now? do you know something additional that we are not privy to?;)

I see. Then the news is as good as i first thought. Roll on the English press release.

To think this will almost double the fleet by 2024 is amazing.

For now? do you know something additional that we are not privy to?;)

Not at all Stuart,,,but you would have to think between today and the year 2024,,MSC will almost definitely be placing an order for more ships,wether it's more Vista Class,,World Class,,Seaside Class,,or a completely new class,,MSC will always try to stay current with the innovation and design of their ships.