Query about adding Voyager Club number to a booking

peteukmcr

We have made 2 reservations with MSC and although as lead passenger, the system has picked up my Voyager Club number, it did not pick up the 2nd passenger's membership number.

I have tried to get MSC to update the booking over the phone, but they can't update the 2nd passenger details and I can't do it online.

The 2nd passenger can access the Voyager Club using their membership number and if they were to make a booking it is recognised.

The reason we want both passengers to have the numbers on the bookings is to ensure that any onboard benefits are offered to the both of us.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to get it resolved? If so, any advice would be welcomed.

I am following this as we have been a bit confused about the Voyager Club numbers as well.

My wife did the match thing and is now Silver with her #.

I have my own number, but it is at Classic level.

We want to be sure we both benefit from her Silver. We were wondering if MSC would combine our numbers...do away with my lesser one...etc.?

Thoughts?

We have made 2 reservations with MSC and although as lead passenger, the system has picked up my Voyager Club number, it did not pick up the 2nd passenger's membership number.

I have tried to get MSC to update the booking over the phone, but they can't update the 2nd passenger details and I can't do it online.

The 2nd passenger can access the Voyager Club using their membership number and if they were to make a booking it is recognised.

The reason we want both passengers to have the numbers on the bookings is to ensure that any onboard benefits are offered to the both of us.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to get it resolved? If so, any advice would be welcomed.

I had a similar problem with a booking made through MSC UK - my number was showing on the booking info but my DH's was missing. I emailed them and it was sorted immediately.

Dear Pete,

I have recently had the same issue; you may want to try the following:

1. Log into your wife's voyagers club account

2. After she is logged in, click onto her name at the top right corner of the page (next to GB/EN)

3. Underneath "Manage your booking" enter the booking number and YOUR name (not your wife's name)

After doing that, the booking should now show up under "My bookings" in your wife's account.

We have recently made a booking under my boyfriends name (he has Silver status, I have Classic) and this is how I managed to add it to "my bookings." I also received an e-mail a day later saying "Thank you for your booking," - without any other details though, so no new booking confirmation with my number on it.

(Let me add, I did this on the Austrian website, not on the UK one.)

I am following this as we have been a bit confused about the Voyager Club numbers as well.

We want to be sure we both benefit from her Silver. We were wondering if MSC would combine our numbers...do away with my lesser one...etc.?

Thoughts?

I do not think that MSC will combine your numbers, at least they did not with us (my boyfriend is at Silver level, I am at Classic).

With the Silver and Classic combination, in my opinion, it is not a problem anyways, as there is hardly any difference between the two.

Here is what I can think of:

- Should you book an MSC Voyages Selection Cruise with 5 + 15 % discount, your wife will receive a 50 Dollar/Euro on-board credit. So make sure you book under your wife's name and number, not yours!!

- There will be a free fruit basket in your cabin for Silver members. Maybe your wife is willing to share? ;)

- When she reaches the next level she will receive a lapel pin :D

I had a similar problem with a booking made through MSC UK - my number was showing on the booking info but my DH's was missing. I emailed them and it was sorted immediately.
I contacted the reservations team and they couldn't amend the bookings either, so I was advised to email Voyager Club which I have just done, so we'll see.

Hi Pete

Andy and I have had these problems in the past too, and at one point I was told we should have given them both when we booked (which you can't do!)

I tend to email mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk; customerservice@msccruises.co.uk and tell them the booking reference and both of our numbers, they've then updated it.

Tim

Hi Pete

Andy and I have had these problems in the past too, and at one point I was told we should have given them both when we booked (which you can't do!)

I tend to email mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk; customerservice@msccruises.co.uk and tell them the booking reference and both of our numbers, they've then updated it.

Tim

Hi Tim, exactly the same situation where you can't add both when booking.

I was told to email mscclubuk@msccruises.co.uk, so I may forward to the emails you mention too.

I've got the email of the customer service manager, not sure she'd thank me for posting it on here though haha, generally I send everything to her as I got to the end of my tether with the website problems and having someone else's details on my account!

Thoughts?

The only differences between Classic and Silver are

1) Milestone pin when you get to Gold

2) a basket of fresh fruit in the cabin (once per cabin per cruise.) So even if you were both Silver you'd only get 1 basket of fruit .

MSC don't allow combining points from one guest to another.

from the Voyagers Club T&Cs

6.5 The points and benefits assigned to the members are strictly personal and cannot be yielded, transferred, sold, converted into money or reimbursed in the case of partial use.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

The only differences between Classic and Silver are

1) Milestone pin when you get to Gold

2) a basket of fresh fruit in the cabin (once per cabin per cruise.) So even if you were both Silver you'd only get 1 basket of fruit .

MSC don't allow combining points from one guest to another.

from the Voyagers Club T&Cs

Pete

but they'd both need to be on there to collect the points so that they reach the same level together...

I never enter both cards on booking time. I book on my DH card and they have my number automatically on my name in system .

but they'd both need to be on there to collect the points so that they reach the same level together...

If you have your marine # with MSC you will collect points for sea days any way ,for all other staff you will get points if you use your card .So its never same level together .

I contacted the reservations team and they couldn't amend the bookings either, so I was advised to email Voyager Club which I have just done, so we'll see.

I emailed mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk.

When your tickets are issued, you'll know if the 2nd passenger's VC membership is included IF their membership level is indicated on the luggage tags - it isn't indicated anywhere else on the travel documents. If it's omited means that the ship doesn't have the info and the level won't be shown on the cruisecard - you'll end up having to go to Guest Services to have it sorted (speaking from experience!). Onboard benefits won't be available otherwise.

I emailed mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk.

When your tickets are issued, you'll know if the 2nd passenger's VC membership is included IF their membership level is indicated on the luggage tags - it isn't indicated anywhere else on the travel documents. If it's omited means that the ship doesn't have the info and the level won't be shown on the cruisecard - you'll end up having to go to Guest Services to have it sorted (speaking from experience!). Onboard benefits won't be available otherwise.

Thanks. That's why I want it correcting before the tickets are issued if possible so that the onboard benefits are correct.

Thanks. That's why I want it correcting before the tickets are issued if possible so that the onboard benefits are correct.

on my recent cruise, Andy's was registered but mine wasn't. I went to reception with my number and got it sorted - new card issued. Take a post-it note with both your number's on, just in case

Wow what great service, a reply within 2 hours and 1 booking now shows both Voyager numbers. Although the rep thought both were updated, she is to check tomorrow as 1 still hasn't updated. Still impressive in terms of turn around though.

Wow what great service, a reply within 2 hours and 1 booking now shows both Voyager numbers. Although the rep thought both were updated, she is to check tomorrow as 1 still hasn't updated. Still impressive in terms of turn around though.

Delighted it's sorted. :) Have a great cruise, Pete!

All sorted now. The rep took ownership and emailed me today to say all bookings have been updated successfully. Great customer service

Glad for you, Pete ................. you can now focus on looking forward to your cruise :) Have a great one!

Thoughts?

No they don't combine numbers.