Norovirus

nb125

Where did you get this from?

I just came off her on Saturday and didn't see or hear of any problems. Had a great cruise,the usual too much food too much drink and the compulsory increase in weight.

I came off Balmoral onon the 23rd July and yes, there had been a small outbreak of norovirus. I have to say that they were extra careful with all the usual steps, and had added new ones, but its still there. The ship was far too hot in all the public rooms, and the last night, I started feeling a bit groggy, by the time I got off the ship I knew I was in for something, which developed into proper flu, in bed for at least three days, couldn't get my head off the pillow, feeling cold in hot weather, and couldn't brush my hair because it hurt. Not really what you want after a holiday, I now need another! When Balmoral left later on the 23rd, she sailed and then turned around and came back into port to off load an ill passenger. Passenger illness not known.

I came off Balmoral onon the 23rd July and yes, there had been a small outbreak of norovirus. I have to say that they were extra careful with all the usual steps, and had added new ones, but its still there. The ship was far too hot in all the public rooms, and the last night, I started feeling a bit groggy, by the time I got off the ship I knew I was in for something, which developed into proper flu, in bed for at least three days, couldn't get my head off the pillow, feeling cold in hot weather, and couldn't brush my hair because it hurt. Not really what you want after a holiday, I now need another! When Balmoral left later on the 23rd, she sailed and then turned around and came back into port to off load an ill passenger. Passenger illness not known.

I came off on the 30th and to my knowledge there was no norovirus.

I sailed on the 23rd and you are saying that the ship turned round to offload a passenger. We weren't told about this via any announcements on board neither did we notice that the ship had come back into port. I am sure we would have noticed this as it would have put our sailing schedule well behind. If you had got off the ship on the 23rd how did you know that the ship had returned later that day?

I am sure I would have noticed if the ship had turned round.

Are we both talking about the same cruise.

I came off on the 30th and to my knowledge there was no norovirus.

I sailed on the 23rd and you are saying that the ship turned round to offload a passenger. We weren't told about this via any announcements on board neither did we notice that the ship had come back into port. I am sure we would have noticed this as it would have put our sailing schedule well behind. If you had got off the ship on the 23rd how did you know that the ship had returned later that day?

I am sure I would have noticed if the ship had turned round.

Are we both talking about the same cruise.

I got the information off the Fred Olsen twitter site, she hadn't gone far out, and probably the passenger would have been off loaded quietly, maybe even ship to ship, I don't know the details, but it certainly wouldn't have affected your schedule as there is always built in some leeway. Were you on Balmoral going to Norway fjords for seven days?

I got the information off the Fred Olsen twitter site, she hadn't gone far out, and probably the passenger would have been off loaded quietly, maybe even ship to ship, I don't know the details, but it certainly wouldn't have affected your schedule as there is always built in some leeway. Were you on Balmoral going to Norway fjords for seven days?

Yes we were on the Fjord cruise. I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I can't check what has been said about the offload or the original post.

All I can say is that we left at 4:30pm went upstream to turn around so was about 5:30pm when we got out to sea. I was on 1st sitting at 6;15pm and didn't see us going back into port so maybe the passenger got off with the pilot perhaps.

We shall see if anyone else can enlighten us further.

Yes we were on the Fjord cruise. I don't do Facebook or Twitter so I can't check what has been said about the offload or the original post.

All I can say is that we left at 4:30pm went upstream to turn around so was about 5:30pm when we got out to sea. I was on 1st sitting at 6;15pm and didn't see us going back into port so maybe the passenger got off with the pilot perhaps.

We shall see if anyone else can enlighten us further.

It's true. It was reported first on Cruise Capital and then the Fred Olsen Cruise Group on FB. It returned to port with a medical emergency. Cannot remember which site it was on but it showed the route taken by Balmoral which clearly indicated that it returned to North Shields.

It's true. It was reported first on Cruise Capital and then the Fred Olsen Cruise Group on FB. It returned to port with a medical emergency. Cannot remember which site it was on but it showed the route taken by Balmoral which clearly indicated that it returned to North Shields.

Yes you are quite right Balmoral did return to port. I went onto the Cruise Capital site and saw this information.

However this was on the cruise following mine which left for Stockholm on the 30th so that's why I didn't know anything about it.

A case of a little misinformation.

Yes you are quite right Balmoral did return to port. I went onto the Cruise Capital site and saw this information.

However this was on the cruise following mine which left for Stockholm on the 30th so that's why I didn't know anything about it.

A case of a little misinformation.

Sorry, Northern Boy. I'm confused with dates and cruises. Just hoping they get rid of the Norovirus outbreak quickly. There's a lot of children on the cruise leaving next week and I have seen it get out of control in school.