Summit Cabin 7002

Barry ATL

hello,

We stayed in cabin 7003. It is shaped like the diagram. When you go into the room, your bathroom is on one side and directly in front of you is approx 4 "closets". Lots of room to hang up your clothes and store things. When you enter the room, you have two chairs and a small table under the porthole. You also have a sofa. The bed in our case was a queen with a dressing table/desk against the far wall. The room was very spacious for the price. Although the beds can be seperated, it would not be on opposite sides of the room.

You are directly under the bridge so it is very quiet at all times except when they are lowering/raising the anchor - it is a bit noisy then but overall we enjoyed it.

The only other con is that it seemed to be a long walk to the cabin from everywhere.

Desiree

Desiree, thanks for the response. I have been studying the deck plans of the Summit. I like to keep looking at them before a cruise so I have a little bit of a feel of where where things are when I get on the ship. I started looking at some of the odd cabin shapes and it peaked my curiousity.

Hi Barry,

Three weeks ago we were in Cabin 7001 on the Constellation , this cabin was larger than normal but your cabin is even larger and will be very quiet. No passenger traffic whatsoever. Believe when I say you won't be bumping into anything inside the cabin.

There weren't any ports that required the anchor(s) to be dropped so we never heard a thing, hopefully your itinerary will be the same.

Enjoy your cruise.

Frank and Marie :) :o

PS - Granted that most of the restaurants are midship and aft but your deck is located with buffering decks between the theater and Aquaspa. Besides, the exercise is a good excuse for eating more food when you get to the restaurants

Hi Barry,

Three weeks ago we were in Cabin 7001 on the Constellation , this cabin was larger than normal but your cabin is even larger and will be very quiet. No passenger traffic whatsoever. Believe when I say you won't be bumping into anything inside the cabin.

There weren't any ports that required the anchor(s) to be dropped so we never heard a thing, hopefully your itinerary will be the same.

Enjoy your cruise.

Soonercruisers,

We're booked for a B2B (Baltic and Britain) in July in cabin 7000 on the Connie. How do you think we will stand 28 days up front? Looking at the floor plan, it seems to be a little more spacious that the other cabins. The window looks forward. We've even joked on another board that our friends are welcome to come up and help steer the ship. Something was said about women drivers.

Any further comments on that cabin??

Thanks,

Cecil

The white area is storage for the stewards etc There was also an area that they stored items in. I agree - you will not be bumping into anyone up there. We never saw anyone when we stayed in 7003. Our trip had almost all tenders so we did hear that but other then that - it was a great room VERY spacious for the price.

Enjoy!

Desiree

Cecil,

We didn't stay in your cabin 7000, we had the one next door. You'll have plenty of space to strecth out and not hit any walls. As soon as you open the cabin door you'll have a small alcove area for your luggage on the left hand side. No need to store it under the bed(s) or in the closet.The dresser table will be all by itself on the far wall, the nightstands and bed will be on the wall opposite the window with a small sofabed, two chairs and a small table. . You'll have a forward facing window and as mentioned earlier you're directly under the bridge. No noise whatsoever from above. The only drawback may be a little more ship movement in rough seas as you are at the bow of the ship. We had terrific weather during our Carribean cruise and didn't hear or feel a thing even when we docked at six ports.

The only strange incident to report was a call we received from the Pursers Desk the second evening of the cruise requesting that we close our drapes in the evening when we had the cabin lights all illuminated. Apparently the light from our cabin was interferring with the navigation of the ship! We wrote this one off as a serious request and never did pursue the validity of the call and the logic of it. If it was a prank it worked or maybe it was a nice way of saying we have a camera outside on the bow and we can peer into your cabin unbeknowst to us.

Enjoy your cruise and as mentioned in the previous response a lot of cabin for the money, surely larger than the 170 sq. ft. as listed for this category.

Frank

Frank,

Thanks for the response. It sounds like a nice place to spend 28 days. Strange about the light from the window. Maybe its like having the overhead light on in the car at night. Only 3 more months to go. Tick.....tick......

The only strange incident to report was a call we received from the Pursers Desk the second evening of the cruise requesting that we close our drapes in the evening when we had the cabin lights all illuminated. Apparently the light from our cabin was interferring with the navigation of the ship! We wrote this one off as a serious request and never did pursue the validity of the call and the logic of it. If it was a prank it worked or maybe it was a nice way of saying we have a camera outside on the bow and we can peer into your cabin unbeknowst to us.

Frank,

We had the same thing happen to us. On the first night out - we had opened our curtains to see if we could see any lights in the distance. (we were in 7002). About 10 pm, there was a knock at the door and a gentleman (not sure of his position but definitely worked for the cruise line) asked if he could come close our curtains for us. My first thought was "wow! talk about service! and then it occured to me - how did they know our curtains were open? I asked and he informed me that our light was distracting the bridge. (From a previous bridge tour on another cruise line - we learned that the bridge is in total darkness at night in order to see as far in the distance as possible).

So it wasn't a prank but it sure threw me for a minute. It was our first cruise on X and I thought the service was going a bit far at first!

Desiree

Desiree,

Thanks for clearing up the lighting problem interferring with the bridge. At first we thought we have serious navigation issues if our cabin lights were jeopardizing the safety of the ship. Glad it wasn't a Candid Camera peeking in our window.

Frank

I never thought of a camera being a possibility but I could see where it might be. I know when I watched the view from the bridge it was funny to be able to look out my window and see the same thing.

We were on the Disney Cruise Line this past summer and took a bridge tour. As we were looking everything over, my 8 year old daughter noticed that every spot had a flashlight. I told her that it must be for in case of an emergency but she bravely asked the question - what are the flashlights for? and we were informed that lights are always out on the brdge for being able to see. It never occured to me that the captain/crew couldn't see out the window if the bridge was lit up!

You would think that those cabins would have a small sign/plaque near the window adving to keep the curtains shut in the evening so that poor crew member doesn't have to drag himself back and forth to the room to inform the occupant!

Have a great evening!

Desiree

• 3 years later...

There is only one large porthole/window in each of the 7000,7001,7002, and 7003 on the M Class ships. They are about 4 feet in diameter.

There is a small sign just in front of the window that advises you to close the curtains at night. I think it was on the Summit, when we had 7000.

Charlie

Cecil,

We didn't stay in your cabin 7000, we had the one next door. You'll have plenty of space to strecth out and not hit any walls. As soon as you open the cabin door you'll have a small alcove area for your luggage on the left hand side. No need to store it under the bed(s) or in the closet.The dresser table will be all by itself on the far wall, the nightstands and bed will be on the wall opposite the window with a small sofabed, two chairs and a small table. . You'll have a forward facing window and as mentioned earlier you're directly under the bridge. No noise whatsoever from above. The only drawback may be a little more ship movement in rough seas as you are at the bow of the ship. We had terrific weather during our Carribean cruise and didn't hear or feel a thing even when we docked at six ports.

Enjoy your cruise and as mentioned in the previous response a lot of cabin for the money, surely larger than the 170 sq. ft. as listed for this category.

Frank

Thanks so much for your detailed description of 7001 as I have booked it for my first ever Celebrity cruise this coming January. I've seen pictures of 7000 & 7003 but was trying to imagine how 7001 was configured and you've helped a lot!

The one thing that I was going to miss about HAL was the wrap around promenade deck (great for working off all of those meals!) but I don't think it'll be a big deal considering the workout I'll get going to and from that cabin :).

Thanks again!

We are in 6004, right below. It is an Accessible cabin...my guess is that 7003 is the same only smaller. It is huge. Will be 3 in cabin. Only problem people can come up with was it's a LONG walk to the dining room, and since I use a cane I might ask for a wheelchair on those rough days!! Glad to know we should keep the windows covered at night. We're not AS close to the bridge tho. Photo of front of ship shows 6004 porthole, 7003 would be above it! Pictures are from the http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html website with cabin photos! (none for the 7000 ones tho.:)

6004-7.jpg.0bccfda27abaf04f93bb3d16a3aeb944.jpg

6004-1.jpg.431e44770df8d7a4ea058c0dc36408f4.jpg

6004-5.jpg.30f2e0c076f41e644dc4b35d2a2833d7.jpg

6004-2.jpg.939a9540b13e7e0879a739477a0ec520.jpg

Archived