Fred's AI in May 2016 on Braemar

tring

As there has been a lot of questions about what is, (and is not), available on Fred's AI we brought our copy of the drinks available back from Braemar in early May. There have been problems scanning this into a form that can be posted here, so the arrangement of the leaflet has changed and it has been necessary to correct some typing that came out wrongly. Hence there has been some corrections made, which as far as I know, now reads as it should have done:-

FRED OLSEN DRINKS INCLUSIVE PACKAGE

Dear Guest,

For those who have chosen our 'Inclusive Drinks Package' we take this opportunity to list the beverages available to you, along with the terms and conditions of the package. May we kindly advise you that the cabin account shown on your lnteractive TV System will display all drinks ordered plus any other expenses which are not part of the package. For this reason, the total amount shown on your screen does not correspond to your actual onboard spending.

Should you wish to receive a copy of your updated onboard statement and any queries about your drink consumption please contact Reception desk.

ON BOARD ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS

WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ALL INCLUSIVE DRINKS PACKAGE

At the bars

Selection of soft drinks served by the glass:

Draught Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Tonic Water, Low Calorie Tonic Water, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, Juices and Mineral/Spring Water.

House wines listed below by the glass (150ml):

Roc D'Opale White (Pays d’Oc)

Roc D'Opale Red (Pays d’Oc)

Roc D'Opale Rose (Pays d’Oc)

Pere Ventura Cava

Selected branded beer(s) in cans or on draught:

Boddingtons Draught (available in bars only)

Stella Artois Draught (available in bars only)

Strongbow Cider - Can

Spitfire - Can

Carlsberg Export - Can

Heineken - Can

All cans will be served open and with a glass

House spirits from the following: White Rum, Gin,

Vodka, Whisky, Brandy

At the restaurants & buffet areas

Selection of soft drinks served by the glass:

Draught Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Lemonade, Tonic Water, Low Calorie Tonic Water, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, Juices

House wines listed below by the glass (150ml):

Roc D'Opale White (Pays d’Oc)

Roc D'Opale Red (Pays d’Oc)

Roc D'Opale Rose (Pays d’Oc)

Pere Ventura Cava

Selected branded canned beer(s):

Strongbow Cider - Can

Spitfire - Can

Carlsberg Export - Can

Heineken - Can

All cans will be served open and with a glass

Regular coffee & tea

From Room Service

Orange Juice, Grapefruit Juice or Milk;

Tea - Traditional English, Darjeeling, Assam, Earl Grey or Camomile;

Coffee - Regular or Decaffeinated

(All other drinks on the cabin Service Menu are chargeable to your cabin account)

Items not included in the All Inclusive Drinks Package

Cocktails (inc. Cocktail of the day and Non-alcoholic cocktails);

Coffees and Teas served in the bars and within Bookmark Café;

Branded & Premium drinks that are not listed in the All Inclusive Drinks Package;

Wines, Champagnes and Sparking Wines not listed in the All Inclusive Drinks Package;

Drinks ordered from the Cabin Service Menu, other than those available via room service, as above;

Drinks Taken Ashore;

Mini Bar Drinks

Discounted drinks

Guests on the All Inclusive Package are also entitled to 50% off selected premium and branded drinks:

Branded and premium drinks featured on the wine and bar lists, including wines purchased in the restaurant or buffet areas, (Champagne, Prosecco and Dessert Wines excluded);

Cocktails (including cocktail of the day and non-alcoholic cocktails);

ln cabin, gangway or restaurant bottled water

Exclusions:

Champagne, Prosecco and Dessert Wines;

Drinks from the Mini Bar;

Goods ordered via duty free or via cabin shopping;

Drinks ordered via room service;

Speciality coffees and teas served in the Bars and Bookmark Café

Terms and Conditions - All lnclusive Drinks Package.

Minimum age of 18 is required to consume alcoholic beverages.

All Inclusive Drinks package is for the sole consumption of those on the package deal and the all inclusive cabin card must be presented every time a drink is required, without exception.

Drinks within this package are only available during bar/restaurant opening hours.

Only one drink per card may be ordered and this must be consumed before further

drinks are ordered.

Draught beers are only available in selected bars and not in any restaurant or cafes.

Canned beers and cider will be served opened.

We reserve the right to refuse service to any guests deemed to be intoxicated and in

breach of safety regulations, endangering themselves or others.

Any infringements to the above terms and conditions may result in the package being withdrawn.

Enjoy your beverages!

Notes by me:-

Be aware that as stated there are some differences in what is available in the restaurants and the bars.

The room service items (mentioned as available) are available to everyone as far as I know. Likewise standard tea and coffee is available in the restaurants to all passengers, so are not just for AI guests. There is also a self service tea/coffee station on all ships and water is served with meals.

The half price premium drinks is as it says, just for premium drinks, so any hot drinks from the bars are charged full price as on the menus.

The bottles of water provided by cabin staff are half price, but we have found that bars are quite happy to provide glasses of water which we take back to the cabin (provided the sea is not rough that is!)

If anyone has any queries I would be happy to answer (if I can).

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from the UK castles cruise on the Balmoral. I found that the AI canned cider on offer was Carlsburg's Somersby Cider instead of Strongbow. Whether this was a "one off" change due to supply difficulties or permenent I don't know.

We have just returned from the UK castles cruise on the Balmoral. I found that the AI canned cider on offer was Carlsburg's Somersby Cider instead of Strongbow. Whether this was a "one off" change due to supply difficulties or permenent I don't know.

They were serving Strongbow on Braemar and also on Boudicca from 30th May - 6th June. I assume there will be changes, whether temporary or permanent, so I was a bit wary of posting the list of what was available for us this May, but there had been a lot of questions about the AI recently.

We have been on a few Fred cruises over the last couple of years and things seemed much the same. A replacement cider would not bother me as long as it was not too sweet.

They were serving Strongbow on Braemar and also on Boudicca from 30th May - 6th June. I assume there will be changes, whether temporary or permanent, so I was a bit wary of posting the list of what was available for us this May, but there had been a lot of questions about the AI recently.

We have been on a few Fred cruises over the last couple of years and things seemed much the same. A replacement cider would not bother me as long as it was not too sweet.

I like a glass of cider at lunchtime so was a little worried about the change. However found that it was perfectly acceptable and not too sweet -I don't like sweet either [my favorite was draught Blackthorn].

The other change over the years has been to the AI sparkling, now a Cava

• 7 months later...

Yes, the only house rum on the AI is white - it is what we would call "scruggins rum" and is perfectly OK if you have it with a mixer drink. I think those who drink spirits neat may not want to drink the house spirits neat, but someone who does so may be able to comment much better than me. As the sheet says, branded or premium spirits are sold half price to those on the AI pack.

Since this thread has been brought back to the top of the list, I would like to clarify that the list is something we brought back last summer (2016) when we were on Braemar in early May and Boudicca early June and as far as we know the list had been much the same previously. We were on Braemar last Nov/Dec (my review has just been published), but we did not buy the AI drink pack for that cruise. I suspect it is still much the same (quite possibly identical), but perhaps someone who has had the drinks pack on one of Fred's ships more recently could confirm if it is much the same now.

Yes, the only house rum on the AI is white - it is what we would call "scruggins rum" and is perfectly OK if you have it with a mixer drink. I think those who drink spirits neat may not want to drink the house spirits neat, but someone who does so may be able to comment much better than me. As the sheet says, branded or premium spirits are sold half price to those on the AI pack.

Since this thread has been brought back to the top of the list, I would like to clarify that the list is something we brought back last summer (2016) when we were on Braemar in early May and Boudicca early June and as far as we know the list had been much the same previously. We were on Braemar last Nov/Dec (my review has just been published), but we did not buy the AI drink pack for that cruise. I suspect it is still much the same (quite possibly identical), but perhaps someone who has had the drinks pack on one of Fred's ships more recently could confirm if it is much the same now.

Hi Tring We were on Boudicca in December and the only difference is the cider which was called Somersby, which a previous poster has said. Everything else is the same.

Thanks for that Tiggertom (I really do like your username :)).

I think this is useful, but we had a lot of trouble trying to scan it and then have to re write bits of it that just did not come out properly, so would not be easy for someone to replace with a new version.