Cabin bathrooms on Black Watch?

comcox

I've not been able to find many photos of the cabin bathrooms on the Black Watch. I was wondering how much bathroom storage/shelf space there is, particularly in the single inside cabin bathrooms.

Is there any type of shelf in the shower to hold a bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap. The one shower photo I found only showed a wall-mounted liquid soap dispenser.

Any shelving above and/or below the sink area?

I cannot answer your specific question, but as you have not had a reply, I will say there usually is some sort of shelves or other storage space in the bathrooms we have had, which has plenty for day to day bathroom items. Fred has stopped supplying fancy toiletries and just has soap dispensers in the showers and by the sinks, but if you ask your cabin stewardess you can still get things like shower caps or, (very small), blocks of soap. There was still a soap holder in our showers though, which could also be used for bottles. The showers tend to be very small, so it has not been difficult for me to keep soap or shampoo on the sink top and access it whilst showering either.

We have been on a couple of Fred cruises in the last couple of months and have found they seem to be changing the cabin furniture and bathrooms, which resulted in very little hanging space in one cabin, but the stewardess was able to provide thin plastic hangers instead of the big wooden ones supplied, which meant we could get a lot more hangers in the wardrobes.

If you have any concerns that cannot be answered here, you could try emailing Fred - they can take a few days or so to answer, but will help if they can. I appreciate it is not practical for you to ring from the US.

Enjoy your holiday,

Barbara

Edited by tring

Thanks Barbara for the information. FO has not been responsive to emails in the past--again I think it may be there policy for U.S. passengers that everything has to go through their U.S. agent. That agent sent me a few photos of my cabin but none showed the bathroom or closet area--just the very tiny single cabin main bed/desk area.

There is a bottle of shower gel mounted on the wall in the shower which you can hang your own shower gel from if you don't like theirs :D We also always take a shower cloth with a rubber sticker on which can be stuck to the glass partition inside the shower. There is a very small shelf in the shower which at most will give enough space for 2 bottles of shampoo and conditioner. However, if this is not enough space, you can always reach outside the shower onto the wash basin worktop :D

I usually bring one bottle each of shampoo and conditioner and a bar of my own soap. And we American always have our wash clothes (aka face flannels). Just wanted to be sure there was someplace for it all since reaching down to the floor for each item in a small shower is not fun.