Fitness on Black Watch?

comcox

Question for anyone who has been on the Black Watch recently:

What time does the Fitness Center open in the morning?

How early can one use the swimming pool?

Thanks,

An Early Riser

I cannot speak specifically for Black Watch, but I still have the daily sheets from our recent one week cruise on Boudicca and the fitness centre was open from 8am to 8pm every day, including the one sea day.

Do not know about the swimming pool. They do ask people not to run or speed walk around the prom deck before 8.00am as there are cabins below. I can understand that request as we have been in a cabin below prom deck and would probably not book the same again, though the worst noise was the scraping of chairs as they were moved around.

• 1 month later...

I've just looked at my Black Watch photos, and I would say the pool was about 25-30 ft long (looks about the same length as four or five bodies :)). Long enough to do a delicate breaststroke, but perhaps not if you push off from the wall and glide first.

There are two exercise pools at the back of the main pool, either side of the jacuzzi, but we could never get the current strong enough to swim into. We asked a few times if they could make the resistance stronger, but nothing was done. But perhaps the power it's normally set on might suit you for exercise purposes.

I could let you have some photos if you know how to do (and could instruct me) such advanced computing activity as loading photos.

• 3 months later...
I cannot speak specifically for Black Watch, but I still have the daily sheets from our recent one week cruise on Boudicca and the fitness centre was open from 8am to 8pm every day, including the one sea day.

Do not know about the swimming pool. They do ask people not to run or speed walk around the prom deck before 8.00am as there are cabins below. I can understand that request as we have been in a cabin below prom deck and would probably not book the same again, though the worst noise was the scraping of chairs as they were moved around.

That is interesting... I thought there were lounges on the deck below the Promenade (Lido) deck. Or do they mean the cabins on the Lido deck itself? Thanks