Photos -Coconut Grove Resort on Dickerson Bay beach.

KyleClark

On the beach right now, beautiful soft sand beach and gorgeous waters. $12 for 2 for the 10 min cab ride over from the port. $20 for two loungers with cushions and an umbrella. Snacked on a 1/2 pound of french fries and one coke for two $8. Beautiful place and hospitality. 273c7d3506e73ee737f11c5b2eb3996a.jpge04f0787693b9ccae717833930a90892.jpgabb248098fc2b387c3a594da3d700afe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

On the beach right now, beautiful soft sand beach and gorgeous waters. $12 for 2 for the 10 min cab ride over from the port. $20 for two loungers with cushions and an umbrella. Snacked on a 1/2 pound of french fries and one coke for two $8. Beautiful place and hospitality.

KyleClark

Thank you so much for posting about Coconut Grove Resort. I will be cruising to Antigua in a few weeks and have been trying to decide where to go. We always have gone to the Coconut Beach Club, but since it is closed now I have been doing research where to go that was was fairly close to port.

I looked online for Coconut Grove Resort and I found the Coconut Grove Restaurant and Bar. Is that where you went and asked the taxi driver to go?

It doesn't look crowded....we're these pictures taken really early in the day, or is that normal for this beach/club, or were you very lucky?:-)

Great pictures. It looks lovely. I could do that!!

Edited by Vineyard View

Wow, looks great!

A few questions:

We dock at 7am, do you know when it opens?

Can you take the local bus there?

Where did you ask to get dropped off?

Thanks!!

I plan on going and I am going to ask the taxi driver to drop us off at Coconut Grove Restaurant.

I have read the restaurant is expensive and service not very good. Are they OK with you just renting loungers and having drinks for a few hours, more like a beach bar?

Undecided as to which would be better, Coconut Grove or Beach Limerz. Anyone been to the beach at both that could comment?

Edited by c-leg5

I read the same thing but I saw a couple in front of me with a menu and 10 minutes later they came back with food. I asked the waitress how long would it take for my order and she said 10 minutes and it did. Yes, you can just rent the loungers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Thanks sounds good!

Sorry one more question!

I just noticed on another thread that you also went to Brewer's, which we are also thinking of going to! Could you tell me how much a taxi there was, and was it easy to get back from? Did you pay each way, or did the taxi come back for you and pay round trip?