Alaska 2018

Italy52

They will be available next spring - release for Alaska is usually one of the first destinations to be listed. Early/Mid April most likely, though sometimes late March or even Early May.

As posted above the cruise itineraries were available early for next year, each year is a little different for whatever reasons :D

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Still waiting for cruise tours for 2018.

Roy

Roy, Holland cruise tours will not be available for many months to come....MAYBE six months before? What I do is: look up THIS YEARS same cruise and look at those excursion and more than likely they will be at least similar for your cruise as well. Always also look at TripAdvisor.com for great reviews and ideas for Things to Do In Alaska :-) It's a great start for research.

See you in Alaska in 2018 :D

Still waiting for cruise tours.

Roy

If I remember correctly the Cruisetours did not open with HAL until late January / Early February of 2016 for the 2017 season. I'd expect similar for 2018. The Cruisetours were fairly consistent in their offerings of # of nights/cities and modes of travel (rail vs motorcoach) for 2017 compared to 2016, so expect t them to be similar for 2018. Pricing on Cruisetours with Princess and Celebrity is available now and is slightly higher for 2018 vs launch fares for 2017, so again would expect HAL to follow suit.

Basically - it's a waiting game :o

My dream is GRAND Alaska. Volendam to Skagway 7/18-21, overland to Anchorage 7/21-28, Westie to Vancouver 7/29 to 8/5, and then Crystal Symphony SFO to NYC August 10-30. Crystal is booked, Westie available but still nothing on the cruise tour.

Roy

Still waiting for cruise tours.
I has assumed (based on no reasonable basis) that cruise tours would be available (either pre or post) any of the cruises starting or ending in Alaska. I suppose that was a bad assumption.

I also assumed (again, based on no reasonable basis) that as long as my reservation was held by a PCC, making a switch from what we have now (a Vancouver r/t) to a cruise tour would something that they'd be happy to bend over backwards to accommodate. While I doubt we'll be inspired to extend our trip beyond the one week we'd be able to get away, should we find ourselves with more time and money, do you think would we have much difficulty making that switch?