HAL on H5O

Crazy For Cats

Watching tonight's episode of "Hawaii 5 O" and the opening scenes of the show, not opening credits, was a HAL ship. I couldn't pause it since I was not on a DVR set but believe it to be the Amsterdam or Rotterdam, leaning towards Amsterdam. Once the episode appears on my on demand I will take a closer look. It sure was nice to see a damn ship on TV.:)

Edited by Crazy For Cats
correct spelling

It was such a short clip it was hard to tell. I, too, thought it was the Amsterdam or Rotterdam, based on the funnels. The aft decks seemed to stick out more, making me think it was the Rotterdam, after the aft pool was removed, but I don't remember when that ship was last in that area.

It could have been old footage, reused, though. There has been a HAL ship shown in that show's scenes in the past.

The Nieuw Amsterdam was also on TV this week. On Monday night's edition of "Living Alaska" she was seen (beautiful shot). At the end, as the people were deciding which house they wanted in Ketchikan they were walking up a pier with a HAL ship in the background. Not sure if it was Nieuw Amsterdam or a different one since the name was blurred. I need to go back and look at clues.

The Nieuw Amsterdam was also on TV this week. On Monday night's edition of "Living Alaska" she was seen (beautiful shot). At the end, as the people were deciding which house they wanted in Ketchikan they were walking up a pier with a HAL ship in the background. Not sure if it was Nieuw Amsterdam or a different one since the name was blurred. I need to go back and look at clues.

What channel was "Living Alaska" on?

Living Alaska is on the Great American Country (GAC) channel. I started watching it after my cruise to Alaska. I thought Alaska was a beautiful place but there was no way I could ever live there. I wanted to see why people were moving there.:D

Living Alaska is on the Great American Country (GAC) channel. I started watching it after my cruise to Alaska. I thought Alaska was a beautiful place but there was no way I could ever live there. I wanted to see why people were moving there.:D

Thank you.

I am wondering if we did see this show some time ago as we have watched that show and I know which house the one couple were going to buy -- $1,000,000 -- lots of garage space for their "toys", heated roof for sitting outside and melting the snow, elevator - their dog loved running up down the spiral staircase.

But I don't remember seeing any ships in the distance.

No, on this one they buy a modestly priced house that needed a great deal of updating. Since the asking price was $218,000 and their budget was over twice that, they felt they could do a lot of renovations. The house they bought was in downtown Skagway with a view of the water (and the cruise ships).

No, on this one they buy a modestly priced house that needed a great deal of updating. Since the asking price was $218,000 and their budget was over twice that, they felt they could do a lot of renovations. The house they bought was in downtown Skagway with a view of the water (and the cruise ships).

I like that show! I can't believe that some of the houses are so off grid that you have to trek through snow and moose to reach the outhouse.

Or the one that had a "glory hole " right off the back porch . Yuck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday's episode showed up on my on demand and I could watch the clip again. It is the Rotterdam!

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. I thought so, but didn't see enough to be sure.

It was probably a shot they have used before---I know I have seen that ship there before. We even talked about it on CC.

Thanks -- we didn't see that episode.