Guarantee Cabin assignment

SoBe2010

We only cruise on GTY cabins, and over the past 4 years or so, we get our cabins in that 7-10 day window. Under 6 days has not happen to us, but is possible. In almost all cases, on B2B, we get our cabin assignments for the 2nd cruise the same time as the first cruise. About 33% of the time we have to change cabins, which is not a big deal.

We are fortunate in that we like ships that we can feel move for sleeping, and GTY cabins are almost always forward and frequently in upper decks. Perfect for us, but certainly not for everybody.

Got our Balcony Guar assignment for the Jan 21 Eurodam 7-night Caribbean a few days ago (about 1 month from sailing). I'm hoping for a last-minute upgrade or a good upsell offer since we got one of the balconies with the steel railing (no clear plexiglass). Not complaining, we're happy to be on the ship and got a good deal when we booked.

• 2 weeks later...

For my cruise last week (12/31 Eurodam) I got my assignment about 10 days out.

I booked a VH guarantee and was assigned a decent enough VA... Got to the pier and found out we were upgraded to an SS.

Thank you upgrade fairy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious, 81Zoomie -- is it in the same category or did you get an upgrade?

Booked an SC Guarantee. Passed on the $1299 pp upsell to the PS. Got an aft corner SB. They used to be SCs on the Eurodam. I am happy with the wrap around balcony 😄 I am sailing with my 90 year old 4 Star Mariner mom who usually gets a mid ship SA, and she isn't too excited about the long walking distance. So, the good news is I will get some extra exercise running errands for her!

When you book a guarantee through a TA how do you learn of your assignment? I cant find anything on the HAL site except that I am booked!On the other hand no need to call the TA every day!

You can see your booking on the HAL website. Just "log in" (at the top).

You need the booking number, which you should have. Your assignment will show up on the luggage tags and on the account. Sometimes HAL will send you an email, too.

To be a true HAL GUAR pax, you need to be looking at least 5 times a day once you are a couple of weeks out!!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

You need the booking number, which you should have. Your assignment will show up on the luggage tags and on the account. Sometimes HAL will send you an email, too.

To be a true HAL GUAR pax, you need to be looking at least 5 times a day once you are a couple of weeks out!!!

Good to know! New to HAL but a bit early for 5 times a day. Will begin with once a day till the 2 week window opens.

The email from HAL comes about a day after your cabin posts in "My Reservations."

Is there anywhere that lists the cabin categories in their order for Amsterdam?

(Also when I get my assignment, will it explicitly say the cabin category?)

Are some of the lower rated cabins better quality based on subjectivity? (Lower center better than higher forward as a possible example.)

I booked my first Guarantee & am excited/anxious/wishful/etc.

We have always booked guarantees, as long as we would consider the worst of the category. We have never been dissapointed
We did 9 guarantees up until they did the wholesale re-categorization a few years ago. Now there are too many cabins that HAL ranks highly that we rank lowly ... in particular the deck 5 mid-ship balconies on Vista and Signature ships.

Is there anywhere that lists the cabin categories in their order for Amsterdam?
Look at the order shown on the deck plans.

(Also when I get my assignment, will it explicitly say the cabin category?)

Not just category, but a specific cabin number.

Are some of the lower rated cabins better quality based on subjectivity? (Lower center better than higher forward as a possible example.)

Yes, IMO. And conversely HAL ranks some cabins more highly than I believe they should be. The deck 5 mid-ship Vista and Sig cabins used to be rated VE or VF, which I believe was correct.. Now they are V or VA.