ms Eurodam Port Everglades and ms Koningsdam Key West Sail-Aways - January 21, 2017

Boytjie

There are five ships in Port Everglades on Saturday.

The Eurodam will be docked at Pier 26 (starboard aside) and is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM ET (subject to change as always).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Also in Port Everglades are Harmony of the Seas (Pier 18), Carnival Conquest (Pier 19), Celebrity Summit (Pier 25) and Freedom of the Seas (Pier 29).

The Eurodam's 7-Day Tropical Caribbean Itinerary:

Jan 21 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 22 Key West, Florida, US

Jan 23 At Sea

Jan 24 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Jan 25 Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Jan 26 At Sea

Jan 27 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Jan 28 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C7T07W.jpg

The Eurodam's 14-day Tropical/Eastern Caribbean itinerary:

Jan 21 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 22 Key West, Florida, US

Jan 23 At Sea

Jan 24 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Jan 25 Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Jan 26 At Sea

Jan 27 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Jan 28 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 29 At Sea

Jan 30 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Jan 31 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Feb 1 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Feb 2 At Sea

Feb 3 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Feb 4 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C7V14W.jpg

#####################################

The Koningsdam is in Key West today from 8:00 AM ET until 17:00/5:00 PM ET at the Pier B. In 6 days, that is where Koningsdam and I will be too!

The webcam is at http://www.keywestharborwebcam.com/

NA is in St Maarten, not much of a view. Our bow shows from behind N Breakaway and Wind Surf. Weather has been great so far.

Leaving time is either 2:00 or 2:30 eastern time, CD Kelley announced a half an hour later than the daily program and I haven't been off yet to see what the pier says. Cpt Van Zaane has been invisible so far - under the weather - according to HD.

Future cruises told us yesterday that 2018 World Cruise is already sold out unless you can afford the 'Penthouse' $400,000. Any takers?? :D

Thank you for the reminder, Peter. We also have the Nieuw Amsterdam at St. Maarten, due to sail at 3PM local time (2PM Eastern).?

http://www.portstmaartenwebcam.com/

Isn't your charter February 5? Are you doing a B2B or did you mean 16 days?

Is someone covering your absence?

I was going to post this earlier but forgot to hit enter before I started walking. Carole, is that you between the Jade, Breakaway, and Wind Surf's masts? A very busy day in St. Maarten and it looks like you will be the first to leave.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Isn't your charter February 5? Are you doing a B2B or did you mean 16 days?

Oops type (I am prone to those suckers!). I meant to say "in 16 days". Now it is 15 days till we will be there:

2qsxm3s.jpg

We are on the Koningsdam for 7 days; I don't think I could survive a longer RSVP cruise! :)

Is someone covering your absence?

Roy, John has offered to do the reminders while I am on vacation - we will be in Ft. Lauderdale a few days before the cruise.

We are on the Koningsdam for 7 days; I don't think I could survive a longer RSVP cruise! :)

Your group stole my cruise, and the Eurodam dates also being stolen, are the reasons I now have so much OBC on my current cruise. I had to readjust my sailings twice.

Nieuw Amsterdam is officially onboard at 2 pm EST, so sailaway should be closer to 2:30 EST. AIDAmar isn't large enough to provide any shade for me and about half of the ship.

Because the webcam looks out at the natural cloud boundary that forms between the ocean and the land, webcam viewers often think that it's not nearly as nice as it really is.

Here's a shot upwards, facing directly down the coast. You can make out the lower boundary clouds and the sky above. The building in the foreground is Sky Harbor, which is where the webcam is.

22b184941cebe98c098e2e0b0cc93c04.jpg

The second photo is straight up, more or less.

c7fd9556e94c1bd9f9806d155069878d.jpg

All in all, this is probably a good thing. If people realized what the weather is like, traffic would be more of a mess than it is. ;)

Note how you can make out the darker, lower clouds in the second photo.

Edited by POA1

Because the webcam looks out at the natural cloud boundary that forms between the ocean and the land, webcam viewers often think that it's not nearly as nice as it really is.

I have often noticed that it looked much nicer on one of the webcams than on the other. Thanks for the info.

It is actually looking much nicer on FLL and PE now than a couple of hours ago.