Dining Room Table

taxmantoo

We always ask for a "Table for 2" when making our cruise reservations.

When printing our express boarding pass for our upcoming cruise, I noticed the following weird request

"Confirmed Dining: Main, Table of A on request" ???

Does anyone have any idea how many people we can fit at a "Table for A" ???

We always ask for a "Table for 2" when making our cruise reservations.

When printing our express boarding pass for our upcoming cruise, I noticed the following weird request

"Confirmed Dining: Main, Table of A on request" ???

Does anyone have any idea how many people we can fit at a "Table for A" ???

Never seen this one before :eek:

Maybe it's the "A" table? LOL.

Give your TA a quick call or e and see if she can shed some light on this or get it fixed.

And, please let us know what the answer is.

If this were on my boarding pass, I'd be on the phone to my TA immediately. No point keeping your finders crossed.

If this is some internal designation, it should not be on the pax's documents.

Not hardly a matter of life or death! We have always gotten the table we want once onboard. Just asked here if anyone knew what an "A" table is?

FYI, just got the word from TA that "A" stands for "Any" size table. The request has gone to HAL to change it to "2". :)

Awww, and I thought it meant you were part of the A team. ;)

So glad you checked and now, we have all learned something.

I am sure Beth will get it fixed ;)

FYI, just got the word from TA that "A" stands for "Any" size table. The request has gone to HAL to change it to "2". :)

Thank you for the info. Good to know .

Hope you get it changed to 2, but I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Have a really great cruise regardless.

We usually go to HAL Facts dot com, and download the MDR PDF's for our ship. We always book late seating fixed dining, and we come up with a list of good table numbers and pass them onto our TA. She sends them to HAL Dining, and we have always gotten one of the tables we selected. Unfortunately, tables for 2 are getting rare.

Regardless of what your documents say, I would suggest you still go to the MDR on embarkation day to check on your table.

This is part of our embarkation day ritual...the MDR to check our table assignment and make sure it is correct and to the spa to make my appointments for the week (so I am assured of the days and times I want).

As my PVP has always said, a request is just that...a request...and never guaranteed. We have a request in as well for the Zuiderdam that is for a table for two in a specific location of the dining room. We'll check it when we board and honestly as long as its a table for two, we'll be happy.

We have had other cruises where our request was not honored (last March RCL had us at an 8-top) but we were able to get it switched to our preference.

I think its far easier for the dining room staff to make the adjustments in the afternoon of that first day than to try and juggle things around 'in the moment' at dinnertime.

We usually go to HAL Facts dot com, and download the MDR PDF's for our ship. We always book late seating fixed dining, and we come up with a list of good table numbers and pass them onto our TA. She sends them to HAL Dining, and we have always gotten one of the tables we selected. Unfortunately, tables for 2 are getting rare.

It has always been my observation that tables for 2 are becoming more common. We have requested and have always received a table for 2 over the past 10 years or so. The last time we were assigned to a group table was on the old Westerdam.

I will admit you now have me a little worried as we sail on Eurodam next week.

It has always been my observation that tables for 2 are becoming more common.

I think this goes hand-in-hand with the move on most lines to flexible or anytime dining (or whatever they call it). 2 tops make the logistics of filling a table faster and a fair number of cruisers are as couples anyway. We've preferred a 2 when not cruising with a group but have also requested 8 or 10 a couple times which gives better chances of interesting conversations - 4 or even a 6 top is a bit more of a gamble. If I saw "A" for "any" on the paperwork I would be real concerned t might be a 4 or 6 top.