Printing Documents

EagleRockers

First time on HAL and I’m about to print my boarding pass plus everything else that goes along with it. That’s 22 pages for my husband and I. Do I really have to print out all these pages? My printer is old and slow, kind of like me!

Thanks for your replies!

First time on HAL and I’m about to print my boarding pass plus everything else that goes along with it. That’s 22 pages for my husband and I. Do I really have to print out all these pages? My printer is old and slow, kind of like me!

Thanks for your replies!

Definitely not. All you need is each of your Boarding Passes (the 1st page) and your Luggage Tags. Since this is your first HAL cruise you find want some of the other pages just for reference. But they're not required.

Thanks for your replies!

We only print the front page- just read through the rest online.

Edited by tatabea
Autocorrect wrong

And, actually, you don't NEED to print ANYTHING...
We've sometimes been asked for the boarding pass going through the main security gate at FLL and twice to get into a terminal, once at FLL and last month at Tampa. I don't know what would have happened if I did not have them.

Edited by jtl513

I print the "paperwork" to PDF (CutePDF) and email it to the account linked to my phone where I can save it locally. Then I have it all if I need it.

I carry electronic versions of everything, but I still print hard copy of the first page--when I can remember to ask for just the first page. I don't know how many times I've just clicked "print" and the printer spewed out all that paper I didn't want! (At least I remember to select only page 1 for the second boarding pass)

I also print extra copies of luggage tags or boarding passes to put inside the checked bags, just in case the luggage tag comes off. I do the whole origami--tape-stapler thing and I've never had a tag come off. But I like to have a backup.

I recall having to show a boarding pass at the entry to some ports. One time about 10 years ago, in the taxi on the way from our Miami hotel to our ship (RCCL), I checked that I had the passports and boarding passes. But OMG, I had only ONE boarding pass!!! I handed the passports and pass to DH and then rummaged frantically through my briefcase looking for the missing pass. DH looked at the boarding pass and said, "Hey, this is unusual, both our names are on one boarding pass." oops. :o

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

I also print extra copies of luggage tags or boarding passes to put inside the checked bags, just in case the luggage tag comes off.
I put two on the outside of every bag. The only two times I've lost a tag it was one of the "vintage" tag holders that HAL once gave out free and now sells. Each time the "bridge" where the vinyl loop attaches broke. I've reinforced that bridge on the two holders I have left.

In December at the gate to the Port Everglades we were asked for our passport and boarding pass. Don't know what would have happened if we didn't have the boarding pass since I always print one each to check in and one in the outside zip pocket of each bag we check and/or carry on. :)

I just print the first page of each of our documents.

And 2 luggage tags each.

A few times we have been asked to show our boarding passes at police security as you enter the port and sometimes once we have gotten to the check-in area inside the terminal.

That was us last August.. as well as a time consuming check of our Uber driver. He had to show his license, his app, and we had to show our app.

Then they made him open the back where the luggage was and the police lady looked there too! I was getting ready to "assume the position " but it didn't get that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was us last August.. as well as a time consuming check of our Uber driver. He had to show his license, his app, and we had to show our app.

Then they made him open the back where the luggage was and the police lady looked there too! I was getting ready to "assume the position " but it didn't get that far.

I think they are more stringent when in a private car than when in a taxi or shuttle bus. Last time coming in on a ParkNGo shuttle the driver went to a special lane on the far left and was waved through with no check of anybody's documents! I can't remember for sure, but I think the driver checked for boarding passes when we boarded in the parking lot.

I put two on the outside of every bag. The only two times I've lost a tag it was one of the "vintage" tag holders that HAL once gave out free and now sells. Each time the "bridge" where the vinyl loop attaches broke. I've reinforced that bridge on the two holders I have left.

I actually had my HAL tag torn off for my suitcase. Took a few hours but the bag did reach the cabin. What did not come off was my personal luggage tag. It had my name, special email (found@), special phone (Google Voice), Frequent Flyer numbers and HAL Mariner number. So guess with all that info they were able to find the cabin I was in.