Aboard Silver Cloud

Mayflower1

Good Morning Shipsmail - Great to hear that your initial impression of The Cloud is positive - with such a small Guest List you should experience Service at its best and many ' Smiles ' from the Crew. I understand that the small numbers relate primarily to the revised Itineraries to avoid Istanbul but great for those on board.

Continue to have Fun and Reports whilst you are on board would be most welcome.

Service is good as always, but not better. Sometimes more stress means better service in general. There is an old saying "if you would like to have things done fast, go to people who have a lot to do". That is true here as well.

I was told tonight that La Terrazza is closed, as Silversea gives a kind of Thanksgiving dinner to the crew for the hard work they have done recently. What a nice gesture.

I was told tonight that La Terrazza is closed, as Silversea gives a kind of Thanksgiving dinner to the crew for the hard work they have done recently. What a nice gesture.

I do believe the the part about La Terrazza being closed. The rest, not so much.

Ciao Vollard

I would highly suggest dinner in Le Champagne on the Cloud. It is the nicest Le Champagne venue of all the Silversea ships. The room is lovely, the tables are spacious and private and, the chairs are comfortable unlike the banquets on the Spirit. We have always had a good experience in that room.

I completely echo the remarks of Emtbsam - the whole experience is lovely and well worth the nominal Fee. The Menu does not change but is very well balanced ( albeit for some rather rich - so a fairly quiet Food day ahead of Dinner suits us !!! ).

When we were on board the Restaurant was very efficiently run by Teresa who with her Assistants provided a fine balance between correct and friendly advice on the Menu and Wines.

We enjoyed two great Evenings during our recent Cruises on The Cloud and hopefully you will have a wonderful time.

Ciao Embtsam and Mayflower,

I was hoping to hear you say so!!!

I'm looking forward to boarding in a couple of weeks and I'll surely follow your suggestions!!! I'll book immediately and let you know while onboard.

Thanks a lot

I would highly suggest dinner in Le Champagne on the Cloud. It is the nicest Le Champagne venue of all the Silversea ships. The room is lovely, the tables are spacious and private and, the chairs are comfortable unlike the banquets on the Spirit. We have always had a good experience in that room.

While I cannot compare the Silver Cloud's Le Champagne to the all of the other Silversea ships, below is a picture to support the posting from Emtbsam. For more details on our meal and the many options we enjoyed there, you can go to my live/blog connected below and look on page eight, posts #146 and #147. There are twelve pictures there that offer a nice preview and sampling. But, warning, those pictures might make you hungry!!

Hope to hear more back from vollard on their sailing on the Silver Cloud that we also enjoyed earlier this year doing our 2016 South Africa adventure.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 43,901 views for these postings.

From last year while sailing along the Amazon River on the Silver Cloud, here is how the room and lay-our for Le Champagne looked and set-up. Like the chairs?:

TravelSept161_zpseomcnowb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The boarding day has finally arrived!!!![emoji2][emoji2] we are on the Silver Cloud now but disapointed [emoji22] the silver sea agent has guaranteed us that our cabin had a bathtub but we have just realized it has only the shower[emoji22][emoji22], my husband has back problems and he needs to lie down everyday in the bathtub. It's a pitty having this problem

because everything else is really perfect!!! We have asked at the reception to change our room and we're waiting for an answer.

We'll let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mi dispiace molto. I hope Reception can find you another cabin with the accommodation you requested. If you have any confirmation in writing from Silversea, I would not hesitate to show it to them. If not, would the hot tubs possibly be a good alternative?

Thank you Emtbsam , you're very kind. Due to the fact that there are many rooms available , Begonia, a very gentle spanish woman has changed it so my husband is happy with his bathtub [emoji6]

Glad to hear it, Begonia is not only lovely but also an excellent GRM👍

After a wonderful tour we went back to our wonderful silver cloud and had a extraordinary meal at La Terrasse. I don't know the chef's name but he's great!!! Just a small taste of the lunch in my picture with Ahmed that helped me with the rhubarb cake and was lovely743c4c4c2dcb6837210fa9552bdcb950.jpg

The 2 turkish days Antalya and Analya have been surprisingly wonderful; fabulous weather and magnificent towns. Silver cloud is always at a high level ; the main restaurant chef is great ; tonight we'll taste the terrace whose chef yesterday made a wonderful cooking lesson.

Look at the beautyful image of the silver cloud from the Analya castle

e341a7707680411ed607fad9ababf70c.jpg

The 2 turkish days Antalya and Analya have been surprisingly wonderful; fabulous weather and magnificent towns. Silver cloud is always at a high level ; the main restaurant chef is great ; tonight we'll taste the terrace whose chef yesterday made a wonderful cooking lesson.

Look at the beautyful image of the silver cloud from the Analya castle.

Appreciate these nice updates from the Silver Cloud. Especially like the pictures and the details from these locations in Turkey. We have stopped at Bodrum and Ephesus, but not at Antalya and Analya. Both seem very nice. Keep up the great sharing on the ship, your stops, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 159,284 views for this posting.

Hi Tonyballoons, I never met the hotel director but Begonia is lovely and a perfect GRM. Now we're in Israel sorry if I haven't posted so much but we have such a wonderful tours everyday!!!but it's so wonderful when we arrive back home in our magic silver cloud!!! You'll enjoy so much!!! They're alla such a great team!!!![emoji7]