Silver Wind Vista Suites 503 & 504

novacruiser23

Hello- Potential first time SS cruiser interested in a winter sailing of the Wind. I am looking to take advantage of the current second cabin 50% Silver Select promo and my TA said that the only remaining Vista suites available on the ship are 503 & 504. Since those are the last two remaining, I'm concerned there may be something undesirable about them that led others to select the Vistas on deck 4 instead. If anyone is familiar with either of these cabins and could share their experience, I would greatly appreciate. My potential concerns about the cabins are solely based on looking at the deck plan and relate to the forward position of the cabin and how much we'd feel even mildly rough seas, if there are noise issue from anchor or other mechanical gear, and if the cabin is smaller than normal due to he curvature of the hull.

Thanks

Novacruiser

I've stayed above this in 702.

It's possible you could feel ship movement. I did the first night but was fine after that. Earlier this year in 636 in gale force 5 winds, it bounced a bit... and would definitely have been worse in 503 ... but generally it was fine.

Can't comment about the room itself .... but if that's all there is and half price, I'd go for it.

Is it your agent that's said that's all that's available? Try again through someone else and see if you get the same response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello- Potential first time SS cruiser interested in a winter sailing of the Wind. I am looking to take advantage of the current second cabin 50% Silver Select promo and my TA said that the only remaining Vista suites available on the ship are 503 & 504. Since those are the last two remaining, I'm concerned there may be something undesirable about them that led others to select the Vistas on deck 4 instead. If anyone is familiar with either of these cabins and could share their experience, I would greatly appreciate. My potential concerns about the cabins are solely based on looking at the deck plan and relate to the forward position of the cabin and how much we'd feel even mildly rough seas, if there are noise issue from anchor or other mechanical gear, and if the cabin is smaller than normal due to he curvature of the hull.

Thanks

Novacruiser

They are only a little worse in rough seas, but deck 4 is subject to less obvious motion than higher decks. There will be anchor noise, but more importantly there will be winch noise, usually for about 1/2 hour before docking. If you are a light sleeper take ear plugs.

In most cases there is a reason why certain cabins are sold at better rates than others.

That being said, we did a smallish cabin with a porthole near the bow on Deck 4 of the Silver Explorer. By the first night I was wondering if we made a mistake considering the sounds of the waves, wind and anchor. However, after the first night of a rough sleep it became something we got used to and the sounds just became background noise. For the remaining 11 nights we slept pretty well. So in our case I would consider small bow cabins if price was the issue but it may not be the ideal for everyone.

Edited by Bramcruiser