cruise 2633 Silver Wind TA

dougburns

Hi Doug, Candy; we will also get our Wind Cross cruise dox Friday--time for some dox dancing. Don't recall when we rcvd our SS cruise documents this far out, however, sooner is best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up Candy, on today's Seatrade news article on the new SS senior leadership and their shared vision for SS in the near future. For those who have not seen the article, pls see:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/a-shared-vision-for-silverseas-growth-higher-brand-profile.html

Docs arrived on time today. Nice package. Time to start party planning. Will wait until the end of Oct, or until I'm sure our cruise officers are aboard- Captain, HD and F&B Manager before setting up the M&M, etc. Will probably have 3 cocktail parties in our suite during the cruise; the M&M out of Cartagena, one out of Funchal and one out of San Juan. Get your fancy duds ready everyone.

Exciting and getting closer!

Larry has an almost really big birthday, on the cusp of a huge even number (the clue is only twenty away from 100)and I am thinking I should surprise him with a small celebration. Shhhhhh.

Not sure how to arrange it.

Life is short. We all should celebrate.

Doug, please count Ida and I there for the three Burn's Blasts during sail-aways in Cartegena, Funchal, and San Juan.

Candy, please see below--post #158 in our Sydney to LA thread last year on board the Spirit for suggestions on how to organize a special birthday party/dinner for Larry.

In short, recommend you first speak with the dining venue Maitre'd about arranging a special birthday dinner for Larry. Conversely, if you want to just celebrate in a lounge would speak to the food & bev mgr. Or, if you prefer a more private venue (Suite) your Butler will take care of special birthday arrangements (and decorate your suite for Larry's special day)

For us, the key to Ida's special bday celebration on board the Spirit last year was Damien (Spirit Restaurant Mgr) who went above & beyond with my requests to include a special dinner menu (Foie Gras, Lobster risotto, et. al), the Pastry chef made a delish St. Honore bday cake for desert.

We look forward to getting our Wind crossing documents today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2155481&highlight=ida+birthday&page=8

Is it me or was I expecting too much. Received my doc for the sailing and was surprised that there was no detailed info regarding the fact that this sailing is also a Gourmet food and Wine cruise yet there was info regarding the fact that this is also a Bridge Tournament cruise which I am not interested in.

I'll have a head start as I'm boarding the ship in Rome for it's first sailing after being in dry dock. I'm looking forward to the upgrades.

Looking forward to meeting new friends

Vinnie

Don't forget to post some photos of the refit! I know SS said a while back that all future refits, they would be replicating the style used on the Muse. From what I can gather, the changes in the suites are a new tiled floor in the bathrooms and new Multi media TVs. - so it doesn't sound like there will be much of a change at all .... apart from the pool area and la Terrazza flooring and furnishings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, fellas, I'm really looking forward to your reports on this cruise because we will be doing next year's Wind TA which follows a similar routing.

The Wind seems to have come in for a bit of a pasting in the reviews section of CC so I am depending on you all to reassure me that those reviews are just mischievous nonsense!

Have a great trip.

Edited by Tothesunset

Hi there - I am assuming you are booked on 2729 next year? We are also booked on that, as well as the Bridgeport turn 2730. Have you started a roll call or Meet & Mingle? So that we don't hijack this thread, let's start a new one for those cruises. For the rest of you, how about joining and doing this NEXT year as well?

The excitement builds!

New passports with lots of empty pages came yesterday in record time, we ordered them last week before the hurricane...

Time to take out the valises and think packing. Always a conundrum.

Temperatures look to be in the mid 60's F in Barcelona. Cartagena in the mid 70's, temps in the high 50's at night.

Perfect weather!

Looking forward to seeing you all again!