Best SPB tour company for family with kids?

Hi

We will be in St Petersburg in July 2014 and will be travelling with two children aged 5 and 8. There are so many good reviews on SPB tour companies, just wondering if anyone can recommend who to use with young children? We are keen to do a two day tour.

Thanks

:)

Hi mornac

Have heard some good things on Best Guides who have tours geared for young children.

http://www.bestguides-spb.com/children-page.html

Also, Alla Tours has a Comfort Tour which is recommended for families with children as well. We had a couple on our cruise that did the Alla Comfort Tour with a 2 year old and said it was a good pace for them. We did the Grand Tour which was quite challenging and fast paced but Alla Tours is top notch and well worth the money.

http://www.alla-tour.com/

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise. It was one of our favorites! :)

Dolfans from Miami

Hi mornac

Have heard some good things on Best Guides who have tours geared for young children.

http://www.bestguides-spb.com/children-page.html

Also, Alla Tours has a Comfort Tour which is recommended for families with children as well. We had a couple on our cruise that did the Alla Comfort Tour with a 2 year old and said it was a good pace for them. We did the Grand Tour which was quite challenging and fast paced but Alla Tours is top notch and well worth the money.

http://www.alla-tour.com/

Hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise. It was one of our favorites! :)

Dolfans from Miami

We've heard the same about Best Guides.:)

We did Alla's "Comfort Tour". Excellent. And plenty of variety for your kids - boat ride, hydrofoil ride, metro ride, Peterhof fountains (on arrival at Peterhof, ask the guide about the "secret" fountain & see if you can catch-out the kids).

But I do wonder whether they might get bored pretty quickly in the Hermitage & Cath's Palace - I think the standard seat-in-van tours of all operators are at both for 90 minutes upwards.

JB :)

Hi Mornac,

Best Guides offer kids -oriented tours that keep parents interested alike. I was really delighted with my daughter's attention to our guide Anna and , myself, enjoyed the tour a lot.

Besides , your children will have fun when you go to Peter and Paul Cathedral and castle : ask for time in costume room. They have past -era dresses for boys and girls, men and women and for a little fee your whole family can get back in century or two and have pictures taken, either professionally or diy.

There are different attractions for kids. When you contact your tour company request personalized program .

Have fun !

Kerry.

We just returned from our June 2013 Baltic Cruise on the NCL Star.

We used SPB Tours and were on their 2 day deluxe tour, which is the most intensive.

We didn't have any children in our group, but at the various venues I would see other SPB groups which did have children along. Although, I do not know what version of tour those groups were doing. Their children seemed to be doing OK.

Looking at the SPB Tours website, I don't see any specific reference to children's tours. However, the owner Viktoria (along with her staff) are really very good at responding to questions and making suggestions. My inquiries were typically answered within a day.

You might send them an inquiry. They might be able to offer some suggestions.

Archived