Onboard Internet Service

We are great fans of Crystal Cruises and have several cruises booked through 2018. Would you comment if there are any plans to upgrade/enhance the onboard Internet service on Symphony and Serenity? In addition to Crystal, we do sail other cruise lines who's ships provide Internet service that is generally more reliable, consistent, and faster than the current technology offered on Crystal. Thank you for your consideration.

Rob

We are great fans of Crystal Cruises and have several cruises booked through 2018. Would you comment if there are any plans to upgrade/enhance the onboard Internet service on Symphony and Serenity? In addition to Crystal, we do sail other cruise lines who's ships provide Internet service that is generally more reliable, consistent, and faster than the current technology offered on Crystal. Thank you for your consideration.

Rob

Hello Rob (and Emdee),

Thanks for the kind words about Crystal Cruises. We recently increased the vSat bandwidth availability on the ships to improve performance and meet the connectivity and mobility demands of today’s luxury travelers. As I mentioned in a previous post, our Wi-Fi architecture on board the two vessels provides pervasive connectivity to wireless services such as streaming video, on line newspapers, and internet access.

Edited by Edie Rodriguez

I recently strayed from Crystal to Celebrity for affordability and itinerary reasons, and found their internet service to be far superior to what I experienced the last time I sailed with Crystal(Dec 2015).Fast with little to no lag, and most importantly, I could watch what I wanted to watch because websites were not blocked due to bandwidth issues. Are you saying we can now stream video from websites such as you tube, watch/stream tennis or other sports online without any noticeable lag? If so, when did the changes occur? it certainly wasn't made public if any upgrades to the hardware/architecture etc on board were made

The poor internet service is a major reason I am going on other cruise lines this year...

• 2 weeks later...

Rob

Was wondering if we will hear noise from the laundry room in front on deck 7 if we book one of those cabins on Serenity. don't know if this proper thread. Would like to hear from anyone who might know.cabin 7001-7008 ??

Was wondering if we will hear noise from the laundry room in front on deck 7 if we book one of those cabins on Serenity. don't know if this proper thread. Would like to hear from anyone who might know.cabin 7001-7008 ??

It's really best to post this sort of question in a new thread in the main Crystal forums to get advice as this thread was used for questions to the CEO, Chairman and President of Crystal

I do not believe you will hear anything from the laundry room on deck 7 - they are well sound proofed as are the staterooms