Inside Cabin on Azamara or Balcony on Mainstream Cruiseline?

bamelin

• 2 weeks later...

We are taking our first Azamara cruise in a couple of weeks and have an inside cabin. We were unsure about no natural light, as we normally have a window or balcony, so booked an inside cabin on a 3 day mini cruise with a mainstream cruise line just to see how we coped. The inside cabin was fine (will not be looking to book with that line again though).

We are taking our first Azamara cruise in a couple of weeks and have an inside cabin. We were unsure about no natural light, as we normally have a window or balcony, so booked an inside cabin on a 3 day mini cruise with a mainstream cruise line just to see how we coped. The inside cabin was fine (will not be looking to book with that line again though).

I wonder if you checked out the deck plan. From my research nearly all the cabins on deck 4 can be very noisy. I am on the Azamara Journey 12 night Baltic cruise in August. I first selected a cabin on deck 4, then I switched to another inside cabin on deck 7 for around $100 more.

I wonder if you checked out the deck plan. From my research nearly all the cabins on deck 4 can be very noisy. I am on the Azamara Journey 12 night Baltic cruise in August. I first selected a cabin on deck 4, then I switched to another inside cabin on deck 7 for around $100 more.

From my experiences and others here that generalisation about deck 4 is wrong.

Bamelin: We have had terrific times on our 4 AZ cruises and will return one day. But we have always had a balcony, and 3 of the 4 times we had a suite. We enjoy our private time and actually need a good dose of it each day. We do love AZ for many reasons, but must admit that the ships do feel a bit crowded in the public areas for 2 reasons: First there aren't many of them. Second (and this is a good thing), the passengers are very friendly and start up conversations at the drop of a hat. So if you are looking for a quiet spot out in public, it probably won't happen, except when everyone is off the ship on excursions. My recommendation is that you give AZ a try in the inside cabin on a brief cruise and see if it is your cup of tea. You might get hooked and come back in a verandah cabin.

Not sure why you think we are on deck 4? We are on deck 7 (my research boarders on the obsessive!)