RE: Free wifi in Bermuda?

SXM54

Post office in St. George limited to 15 minutes. I had no luck with Ordnance Island Park.

This map will show other places.

http://www.wificafespots.com/wifi/city/BM--Hamilton

Every year I have been to Bermuda I have found some free wi fi but it has almost never been the same ones every year. The ones from the previous years would no longer be free but there would be some new free hot spot. With an iphone the last three years it has been easy to look for them. Suffice to say free wi fi is not common in Bermuda. And no Starbucks, McDonalds, or Paneras.

So whatever we say or the wi finder says can be dated. Last year a friend tweeted a free hot spot he went to in May on Twitter. When I went in June, it was no longer free. I hate to mention them like I did a few post up in fear that will cause those I mention to disappear.

Every year I have been to Bermuda I have found some free wi fi but it has almost never been the same ones every year. The ones from the previous years would no longer be free but there would be some new free hot spot. With an iphone the last three years it has been easy to look for them. Suffice to say free wi fi is not common in Bermuda. And no Starbucks, McDonalds, or Paneras.

So whatever we say or the wi finder says can be dated. Last year a friend tweeted a free hot spot he went to in May on Twitter. When I went in June, it was no longer free. I hate to mention them like I did a few post up in fear that will cause those I mention to disappear.

True but the Post Office has been consistent and seems the Cafe's listed are comparable to our chains and are catering to the residents.

Radio posted live from Bermuda so I was all hot to try the hot spot on Ordnance Island he talked about but it ended up being cold. Only thing I could find was the St. George Club but since I didn't have a room number...........:D

• 3 weeks later...
True but the Post Office has been consistent and seems the Cafe's listed are comparable to our chains and are catering to the residents.

Radio posted live from Bermuda so I was all hot to try the hot spot on Ordnance Island he talked about but it ended up being cold. Only thing I could find was the St. George Club but since I didn't have a room number...........:D

Collette, my favorite Bermuda expert, I may be dropping you some emails or some Facebook messages as my remaining 60 days continue to count down. I haven't been to Bermuda in 22 years and am suddenly feeling overwhelmed!

If you are actually in the City of Hamilton, you can use the free WiFi at the Apple store which is upstairs in the new Washington Mall - if you go in the entrance opposite City Hall on Church St (just west of the bus terminal), walk forward on that level, veering right until you see the store or pick up the signal which you can do in the area around the store. It is plenty fast, free and no password is needed. I often use it (on my iphone, the 3G data reception here is so slow), you don't have to go into the store, just hang around in the mall outside it.

If you are actually in the City of Hamilton, you can use the free WiFi at the Apple store which is upstairs in the new Washington Mall - if you go in the entrance opposite City Hall on Church St (just west of the bus terminal), walk forward on that level, veering right until you see the store or pick up the signal which you can do in the area around the store. It is plenty fast, free and no password is needed. I often use it (on my iphone, the 3G data reception here is so slow), you don't have to go into the store, just hang around in the mall outside it.

Are you talking about the Apple store clone called the "istore"? That is not a real Apple store. I was there last summer and they were charging for Wi Fi at that time.

No what? I just looked at the Apple store list and there are none in Bermuda.

If you choose to be pedantic and call it "Apple store clone called the "istore", feel free. It has recently moved to it's new location in the Washington Mall, it's wifi is free and is available in the area around the store. Is there a part of "I use it often" that confuses you?

If you choose to be pedantic and call it "Apple store clone called the "istore", feel free. It has recently moved to it's new location in the Washington Mall, it's wifi is free and is available in the area around the store. Is there a part of "I use it often" that confuses you?

I am not being pedantic. It is a store that sells Apple products, not an Apple Store. I can go to a Best Buy and buy Apple products but I would not call Best Buy an Apple store. I will check it out the ISTORES new location and if they still have free Wi Fi this summer when I am in Hamiltion that would be great. Someone told me last year they had free Wi Fi but when I visited the store it was not free. Perhaps when us cruise passengers are in town they charge for it. Thanks for the info on their new location.

I am not being pedantic. It is a store that sells Apple products, not an Apple Store. I can go to a Best Buy and buy Apple products but I would not call Best Buy an Apple store. I will check it out the ISTORES new location and if they still have free Wi Fi this summer when I am in Hamiltion that would be great. Someone told me last year they had free Wi Fi but when I visited the store it was not free. Perhaps when us cruise passengers are in town they charge for it. Thanks for the info on their new location.

When will you be there this summer, before 7/24? If so, I would like to know where the wifi is. I prefer more than 15 minutes, thanks in advance!

When will you be there this summer, before 7/24? If so, I would like to know where the wifi is. I prefer more than 15 minutes, thanks in advance!

No, I am going at the end of August this year. Your best bet is the library. It is close to the ship pier. I expect that there will be up to date reports from other cruisers before your sailing at the end of July..

What about restaurants or cafes that allow you wifi use if you order food or drinks? In Costa Rica we found a cafe that had wifi you could pay for, or if you bought lunch it was free. I was able to use it to upload our pics to the web. I was hoping to find something like that in Bermuda for this trip.

• 10 months later...
Guest LoveMyBoxer
What about restaurants or cafes that allow you wifi use if you order food or drinks? In Costa Rica we found a cafe that had wifi you could pay for, or if you bought lunch it was free. I was able to use it to upload our pics to the web. I was hoping to find something like that in Bermuda for this trip.

The Pickled Onion in Hamilton will give you a code to use their wifi while you are there. Eat your food slowly and you can use it as long as you are there.

It went out of business last month as it was in debt. There is a new Iclick store, but not sure if they have free wifi or not.

There is now wifi throughout Dockyard (http://bermudasun.bm/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=57146&SectionID=72&SubSectionID=894&S=1)

The cost for the WiFi is $3 for one hour, $9.99 for 24 hours, $14.99 for 72 hours and a $29.99 monthly fee.

That's not free but a lot cheaper than the ship.

There is now wifi throughout Dockyard (http://bermudasun.bm/main.asp?Search...tionID=894&S=1)

The cost for the WiFi is $3 for one hour, $9.99 for 24 hours, $14.99 for 72 hours and a $29.99 monthly fee.

That's not free but a lot cheaper than the ship.

Does this reach to the ship as well or do I need to take my laptop off the ship and into the Dockyard to use this? Unfortunately I will need to check in to work while we are there.

Thanks.

Archived