Clarification needed on excursion to Jerusalem

Holidays galore

Bonnie, hoping you can get clarification for me on an excursion listed on the Petra, Eilat cruise leaving Mumbai on 12 May. In the current Land Discovery brochure it states that there is a Jerusalem tour on May 22, and it leaves the ship at 3.30am. According to the itinerary we are in Aqaba on May 22, and do not get to Eilat ( the starting point for the Jerusalem tour ) until 11pm on May 22. So the starting time for Jerusalem may well be 3.30 am.....on the morning of 23 May??

What are the accurate times and date?

Bonnie, hoping you can get clarification for me on an excursion listed on the Petra, Eilat cruise leaving Mumbai on 12 May. In the current Land Discovery brochure it states that there is a Jerusalem tour on May 22, and it leaves the ship at 3.30am. According to the itinerary we are in Aqaba on May 22, and do not get to Eilat ( the starting point for the Jerusalem tour ) until 11pm on May 22. So the starting time for Jerusalem may well be 3.30 am.....on the morning of 23 May??

Thank you for posting this. I have asked twice now in an earlier post are the brochures based on the new Land Discoveries offering as this cruise have errors and glitches like the one posted above but got no response (thread Azamara now offer time travel) So too have the brochures for my April, June and two September cruises got issues. (I will cut them slack for the Dec 2017 onwards for a few more months but there are problems there to).

Bonnie, what is going on, for a new look product it's just not filling us with any confidence. I am concerned that the lack of response to the previous posts are because reassurances could not be given. We have a lot invested in future Azamara cruises but are now unsure of the wisdom other than because the onboard service is good. But we travel to discover and the cruiselines chosen promotions are via OBC we can only use on excursions. Every time, its Land Discoveries that is the issue. We placed a lot of hope in the new product but still in the new renaming exercise cannot see the attention to detail that has let Azamara down before. Does anyone proof read these brochures?

Edited by uktog

I'll ask our Tour Department to look into this. Thank you for letting us know :)

Glad that has been resolved Any chance of a response to my post 2 Bonnie either here or on the original thread where the issue was raised?

Hello uktog,

I did share you post #2 with the Tour Department and I know they are working diligently at correcting any printed tour timing issues, such as that which Holidays Galore pointed out showing 5/22 instead of 5/23.

Your post #2 does not list the specific dates of tours that need attention.

Let's start with April since that is closest...any tours/dates you'd like me to highlight for them?

Thank you for responding Bonnie.

Firstly there is the general comment I am glad that people are beavering away to put things right but as you can see from several posts the inaccuracies in these brochures are driving people mad and turning some right off Azamara. Azamara is charging a premium plus price for their Land Discoveries so guests expect accurate brochures prepared for their cruise and properly proof read. Azamara do not have that many cruises a year so it's not a massive task. I hope that message could be passed up.

Specifically for the April cruise which is a round trip out of India visiting Seychelles Maldives and Sri Lanka the brochure I downloaded today has a Land Discoveries Europe cover.

Secondly in relation to a tour in Cochin CC 12 The Cultures of Cochin tells me I cannot visit the synagogue on April 12 2014.

I see no mention of any of the new designations on the tour and very few examples if any of trips that might fit most of the headings. So again my question is for this and cruises through to the end of September when will the new tours and brochures come out?

As others have said the response from these boards to the grand new product launched with such fanfare has been somewhat muted - I've never seen such low level of engagement when a CEO was taking questions on any cruise critic board - perhaps because we cannot see anything different on the cruises we are on and that includes inaccuracies all over the brochures.

I will attempt to find any changes needed for the other cruises I have before the Autumn but I'm currently working abroad in a country with extremely poor wifi connections and no mobile phone coverage.