Passport stamped in ports

bluzchick

Our old passport was so full because everytime we went bareboating, we got them stamped at each island we stopped at. We missed it so I also asked this question a couple months ago. We got back two weeks ago and could not find anyone to stamp them. There were a couple islands that had an immigration office in the terminal but we never saw anyone. Someone said they are around right when the ship docks but are gone soon after.

You pretty much have to hunt down a place to have stamps. It's just not done anymore, not even when you cruise in Europe. You'll wind up wasting a lot of valuable time searching for someone to stamp your passport. In San Juan and St Thomas, they don't stamp US passports because they're part of the US.

If you want a stamp you can leave your passport with the purser and they can have it stamped when the local imagration people inspect the ship's imagration paper work. If you travel much all these stamps can fill up your pages. I've seen people with one stamp only on a page. Some countries require you to have a certain amount of blank pages in your passport. (Don't ask me why) You can add pages but there is an added cost for them.

i was on Valor carnival and they stamp my passport with belize, and honduras but they stop doing it for mexico. in costa maya they have a orange building that you can get your passport stamp its $2.00 i think.the onl reason why i know is when i pick up our photo taken with the local in there costume

I'm on my 3rd passport. My first one was while in the Air Force; I never used it. My 2nd one expired this past summer; I never got a VISA stamp in it, over the 10-year span. I did get an entry stamp, in my new passport, in San Francisco last May! So finally :D after three passports I get my first VISA stamp!!!:D:D

If you only cruise it may not hurt to get a stamp as a souvenir, but, if you fly anywhere you will need blanks spots because they do stamp you into the country.

If you fill a book, you will need to buy additional blank pages at a current cost of $82. I wouldn't want to chance it.

I was so excited to get my first passport stamped when we arrived in Italy last year. It was my second passport, too. They stamped it and I was so disappointed:( because it was not only plain but practically devoid of ink.

I felt like asking them to re-ink and try again but why press your luck.:p

My BIL and his son got their passports stamped on a few islands while on our Southern Caribbean B2B this summer. They had to leave the port area to get the majority of the stamps. Luckily, the stamp hunt was done prior to or just after an excursion, and wasn't a big deal for the guys. On the other hand my SIL used the time to shop or relax, which was something that they were not interested in doing.

Happy hunting!!

We use to go bareboating every winter in the Carribean. One person from the boat (whoever was the captain) wold take all the passports and boat documents and get them all stamped before anyone else was allowed to get off the boat. It was really neat - we usually did six islands in a week and my last passport was really full. Things change with time - not sure if they are for the good or not.

I didn't get my passport stamped in St. Kitts, but do know it's right in Port Zante just before you leave the port complex.

Interesting to hear Jamaica won't do it anymore - where was this?

My passport stamps I've gotten just for asking (as well as part of regular immigration procedure) can be found here:

British Virgin Islands 2007

Archived