LIVE from ANTHEM of the Seas - October 20, 2016

Sorry if that photo I posted was a little cryptic. Saying that this cruise is going to be a “little” different is like saying that Royal Caribbean’s website is a “little” flaky. Bottled water will be the only liquid that I consume on this cruise. True story. Doctor’s orders. And no roast beef sandwiches, no Chops steaks, no (gasp) Tito's vodka and no (double gasp) Coronas or any booze for that matter. I wish I was kidding. (slowly he reaches up and closes the sun roof of his own casket, he gently crosses his hands over his abdomen, closes his eyes and sails away one final time to that great big cruise ship in the sky).

No, no, no. I’m not going to the scrapyard anytime soon. At least I don’t think I am. I just need to take a little better care of my bow thrusters and stabilizers and then (hopefully) at some point in 2017, I will be able to enjoy an ice cold Mexican Cerveza at the Solarium Bar and a nice tasty kummelweck sandwich (extra au jus) at the Park Cafe. Not this trip though.

So this review will most likely end up as exciting and entertaining as a detailed 9-day recap of a religious retreat. Instead of capturing some Kodak moments of inebriated fellow cruisers during my late night wanderings around the ship, I’ll probably end up posting photos of sunrises, sunsets, rainbows, little fluffy kittens, albino puppies, mermaids, unicorns and salads with fat free dressing. Sigh.

I also plan to periscope a bit with my Surf & Stream package (@yorkvillain).

Oh, here's what the Anthem looks like without that stupid bottle of water in front of it:

accb7456d874bd7812c0b84f0cdbb55d.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Hopefully you will be good to go for September 2017.:eek::D

That being said your itenerary looks amazing and it's a 9 day sailing too. Could it get any better... yah I can answer that myself.;) Photos of kittens riding unicorns would be great and maybe some mermaids too. I guess the bitterballen at Holland House is not allowed too?

Edited by A&L_Ont

Sorry if that photo I posted was a little cryptic. Saying that this cruise is going to be a “little” different is like saying that Royal Caribbean’s website is a “little” flaky. Bottled water will be the only liquid that I consume on this cruise. True story. Doctor’s orders. And no roast beef sandwiches, no Chops steaks, no (gasp) Tito's vodka and no (double gasp) Coronas or any booze for that matter. I wish I was kidding. (slowly he reaches up and closes the sun roof of his own casket, he gently crosses his hands over his abdomen, closes his eyes and sails away one final time to that great big cruise ship in the sky).

No, no, no. I’m not going to the scrapyard anytime soon. At least I don’t think I am. I just need to take a little better care of my bow thrusters and stabilizers and then (hopefully) at some point in 2017, I will be able to enjoy an ice cold Mexican Cerveza at the Solarium Bar and a nice tasty kummelweck sandwich (extra au jus) at the Park Cafe. Not this trip though.

Since you are eating healthy don't forget that the bananas may be in a bowl between the ketchup and mayo.:D

Have a great cruise.

Will be following along ... if everything works out, I will be on this ship in a year.

Also curious about the previous question. My current booking has me in a port side cabin - is this good?

Edited by Virtopia