Looking for Advice on Christmas Cruises: Harmony or Anthem?

snowdayz

We are considering taking a cruise for Christmas..... It would be 6 of us--hubby and I, my parents and our kids.

On the one hand, we could go on the Anthem. The pros, I imagine, include the lack of flying as we can drive there. I like the idea of boarding on the 23rd in the cold, having two days at sea (24th/25th) while still dealing with winter weather and exploring the ship and having the whole Christmas experience. We would then wake up in Labadee on the 26th. The cons are--well the cold weather I said I liked above, but also the 6 days at sea going there and back. I also worry 10 days may be "too much" family togetherness.....or that my teens might get bored on the days when the weather is iffy. The reviews on the Anthem are nota s great as I would have expected, also. Thoughts?

The Harmony seems amazing. We have done the Oasis and the Allure before so we know what to expect--althout Harmony seems even better than that. The only downside would be the flights...... but we have miles so it nets out to just being a hassle but not that much of an added expense when you factor in parking in NJ. It's a shorter cruise (7 days, I think) and therefore cheaper. Less novelty but more of a sure thing.

Any advice, insights or experiences sailing at Christmas (and being Christian and actually celebrating the holiday) would be appreciated. We have many Jewish friends who often take cruises that week--this would be a first for us. We'd be celebrating my parent's 50th anniversary so we are looking to do something truly memorable for the family....but I don't want to find I feel like I missed Christmas. We have two teenagers and they are excited about the idea of vacation but concerned that they will miss

"Christmas" which they enjoy so much.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by snowdayz