Buy Deluxe Beverage Package onboard or online??

I suspect the 20% online price you see is the best you'll get. But keep checking your Cruise Planner to see if they run a quick 30% off sale.

If you want you can check the package price as soon as you board. I read in another thread where someone saw a better deal, talked to the Beverage Manager, got their previously purchased package cancelled and bought the package at the new lower price.

Didn’t know you could do that but apparently it's possible. See Post #12 here:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Fp%3D51388729&share_tid=2415664&share_fid=24703&share_type=t&share_pid=51388729

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

Probably won't see a better deal. And if they get rid of the sale, the price will go back to what it was when it was called the Ultimate Beverage Package ($55-$65). Before it became the "Deluxe" package a couple months ago, it was called the "Ultimate" package, but it covered less things than it does now, and it cost more, so take advantage of the $44-$46 rate because it could go way up. I basically just said the same thing 2 different ways I think, but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

So right now the package is 20% off online. So $44 per person per day. Do they run specials on board the first day that would be better than this? I'm only Platinum so not sure if that matters.

Lucky, these folks know what they're talking about. I'm not doing it because I'll be visiting that Diamond lounge.

Also, thanks for your inquiry in another thread. We're on the Oasis in a few days, and I purchased the Surf and Stream package, it will be worth it for us. I don't know about how it is on the Indy, but I've heard it's great on the Oasis.

Take it easy, and happy cruising.

Go Saints!!

They do change - when I originally booked our 15n Christmas Cruise, last year out of Sydney to New Zealand on the Ovation OTS - it was AUD 1148 per person (inc 20% disc + grats), then in September this year it dropped to AUD 1035 per person (inc. 20% disc & grats) and then 2 weeks ago it dropped to AUD 996 per person (inc.20% disc & grats). Each time I cancelled and rebooked the packages, so it pays to keep an eye on them.

• 1 month later...

I called Royal this morning asking about drink package. I have booked on line from Canada so all prices are shown in Canadian Funds. They want to charge me $62.56 CDN that with a 20% discount. My question is what is the going rate to buy this package in USD ? I have read $55 USD not sure if this is a discounted prices or not.

Waiting to hear the answer to Knot Normal's question...I called RC and they couldn't (wouldn't?) tell me what the US equivalent was to the Canadian price I was seeing online (mine is currently 20% off at $65.28...I assume it fluctuates slightly with changes to the value of our dollar).

Waiting to hear the answer to Knot Normal's question...I called RC and they couldn't (wouldn't?) tell me what the US equivalent was to the Canadian price I was seeing online (mine is currently 20% off at $65.28...I assume it fluctuates slightly with changes to the value of our dollar).

Discount price has been running between $44 and $46 USD not counting 18% gratuity. If you see it for that price, buy it. I have never seen it go lower and I have tracked our three cruises (two past and one future) for about three years and $44 per day is the best I have seen. On board it's always been $55 to $58 USD without gratuity.

Discount price has been running between $44 and $46 USD not counting 18% gratuity. If you see it for that price, buy it. I have never seen it go lower and I have tracked our three cruises (two past and one future) for about three years and $44 per day is the best I have seen. On board it's always been $55 to $58 USD without gratuity.

So, am I reading this correctly? I have to pay 18% gratuity on every drink in addition to the $44 per day?? :confused:

So, am I reading this correctly? I have to pay 18% gratuity on every drink in addition to the $44 per day?? :confused:

No, you would pay 18% on the $44 per day. You pay the 18% once, when you purchase the package. You pay nothing more when you order drinks, as long as the drink is within the package limit.