Unexpected price reduction from TA

My Online TA called me tonight and told me that that there's a small price reduction for my upcoming Allure cruise in November. I will get a $63 refund but lose $50 in OBC due to price reduction. So it's just a net credit of $13. However small, it is nice to get surprised by a price reduction out of the blue!

My Online TA called me tonight and told me that that there's a small price reduction for my upcoming Allure cruise in November. I will get a $63 refund but lose $50 in OBC due to price reduction. So it's just a net credit of $13. However small, it is nice to get surprised by a price reduction out of the blue!

How is she getting you a price reduction when you cruise in a month and are past final payment date?

I thought RCI was very hard lined in such instances?

Bill

It's always nice to have an unsolicited price reduction, regardless of amount.

How is she getting you a price reduction when you cruise in a month and are past final payment date?

I thought RCI was very hard lined in such instances?

We don't have enough details to know what exactly happened, but it could very well be that the price didn't change at all and the TA is simply shuffling the numbers around to come up with the $13 savings (they rather give the OP $63 up front than set up a $50 OBC on board).

We don't have enough details to know what exactly happened, but it could very well be that the price didn't change at all and the TA is simply shuffling the numbers around to come up with the $13 savings (they rather give the OP $63 up front than set up a $50 OBC on board).

Or the TA simply forgot to input the OBC in the first place, and while doing the final account reconciliation...realized the error and subtracted the amount originally quoted/charged plus a small $13 "fee refund" or something of that nature.

That would demonstrate good will, while also negating the original error (if that's what happened).

I have no idea why I am getting the price drop after final payment either. The current price for the neighborhood guarantee cabin is less than what I paid but since it's after final payment, I didn't think I would benefit at all. I was going to get a $100 OBC originally but it's now reduced to $50 OBC. I'm still getting free gratuities and loyalty discount from the TA as well as Shareholder Credit so I'm still paying less than the current price.