Diamond Lounge

lilkrz

I will be on the Anthem of the Seas 11/27 and I am Diamond now. I see they have a Diamond Lounge. What hours are they open and what is complimentary in there. Do they serve non-Alcoholic frozen drinks? What has been peoples experience in this lounge.

I will be on the Anthem of the Seas 11/27 and I am Diamond now. I see they have a Diamond Lounge. What hours are they open and what is complimentary in there. Do they serve non-Alcoholic frozen drinks? What has been peoples experience in this lounge.

We were just on Anthem in April. Lounge hours are associated with dining times. If classic dining times are 530 and 8, then happy hours are 430-800. If dining times are 6 and 830, then happy hours are usually 5-830. Complimentary drinks are usually pretty basic liquors (mixers such as juices, tonics) and wine/beer. There will be a menu available in the DL. No froze drinks. What do you mean by "experiences"?

Edited by BND

We were just on Anthem in April. Lounge hours are associated with dining times. If classic dining times are 530 and 8, then happy hours are 430-800. If dining times are 6 and 830, then happy hours are usually 5-830. Complimentary drinks are usually pretty basic liquors (mixers such as juices, tonics) and wine/beer. There will be a menu available in the DL. No froze drinks. What do you mean by "experiences"?

Are there many people in the lounge? I'm traveling solo this time and if there aren't many people in the lounge I would probably want to order a drink and leave with it. Can you do that order a drink and leave with it? Do they have food or bar snacks in the lounge? Is there a limit to how many drinks you can order?

Are there many people in the lounge? I'm traveling solo this time and if there aren't many people in the lounge I would probably want to order a drink and leave with it. Can you do that order a drink and leave with it? Do they have food or bar snacks in the lounge? Is there a limit to how many drinks you can order?

How crowded depends on the sailing. When we were on a cruise with lots of diamonds the lounge overflowed into the upstairs of the music hall. Yes, you can order a drink eat the snacks, hot or cold, and leave. We typically would try the snacks, and have a drink or two then get a glass of wine and head to dinner. You can, also, just go to any bar and order up to 3 drinks of the basic non-frozen variety. In the diamond lounge there is no practical limit to how many you can order, I am guessing if you get stupid drunk they might cut you off. I have never seen that on any cruise. :eek:

Have fun

JC

What is the policy in the Diamond lounge if your traveling with someone who is not Diamond can they come in the lounge with you. I would assume if they did they would just have to buy their drink.

What is the policy in the Diamond lounge if your traveling with someone who is not Diamond can they come in the lounge with you. I would assume if they did they would just have to buy their drink.

No non Diamond members allowed. Seats are limited and no way to charge for drinks. As someone stated, use your vouchers at a bar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with most posters here. Sometimes crowded, sometimes not.

I think there is (or was) a rule about not being able to leave with a drink but I've never seen it enforced. We always take a glass of wine with us to dinner.

By the way, the Diamond lounge is normally little used during the day and it's a great place to go for quiet time to relax and have a cappuccino and some cookies. They have some terminals in there for getting on the internet as well.

Edited by 2chiefs

Non diamonds are not allowed in the lounge on any RC ship. You either show your card or it opens the door, depending on the ship. This also includes a non diamond who is a cabin mate of a diamond. You will have three free drinks loaded on your Seapass card, which makes it easy to have a drink at any bar with a non diamond friend.

I see a reference of three drinks offered. I'm on a 12 night cruise so does that mean I get a total of three drinks to use over the 12 nights or three drinks each day?

Thanks everyone for all the helpful info.

I see a reference of three drinks offered. I'm on a 12 night cruise so does that mean I get a total of three drinks to use over the 12 nights or three drinks each day?

Three drinks each day during the hours of the nightly Diamond event held in the Diamond lounge. Those three can be used at almost every bar. There is no limit in the Diamond lounge.

Three drinks each evening. They have to be used during the same hours as the cocktail hour in the DL. You can still go to the DL and in addition use your three drinks at any bar. You cannot use in the dining room. The drinks are not cumulative; if you don't use, they don't carry over, you lose them.

Agree with most posters here. Sometimes crowded, sometimes not.

I think there is (or was) a rule about not being able to leave with a drink but I've never seen it enforced. We always take a glass of wine with us to dinner.

By the way, the Diamond lounge is normally little used during the day and it's a great place to go for quiet time to relax and have a cappuccino and some cookies. They have some terminals in there for getting on the internet as well.

Before the vouchers, there was a rule about not taking any drinks out of the lounge. Since the vouchers, what would be the point of stopping people? If we don't carry one when leaving the lounge, we'll stop at a bar on the way to dinner or get one in the theater if heading for a show. Since they instituted the vouchers, we haven't bought a glass of wine for dinner. I just carry one in.

I don't drink beer or wine. My drink is a Malibu Bay Breeze or Kahlua and cream would they make these types of drinks?

Malibu is not one of the rums offered in the lounge or with your vouchers. And I don't recall Kahlua being on the menu either.

Did a search and found this helpful link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44235491&postcount=12

Edited by trvlmil
added link for drink menu

I am a new diamond...first sailing diamond in 3 weeks. I don't drink per say...just a frozen here and there. Can I go in the DL and get CANNED diet coke?

If you go to the DL say early, then are the free drinks taken off your account or can you then go to a bar with a non diamond friend?

You can go to the DL for an alcoholic drink or soda during the cocktail hour; usually approximately 5:30 to 8:30. You can access the lounge at any time, but they will not be serving. Your free drinks loaded on your Seapass card are good at any bar during the same time. You can use them at a bar with your friend DURING those same hours.

Example - go to DL solo at 6:00 and have a drink. You don't use your card and can order what you want off DL menu. Meet friend at a bar at 7:00 pm and use a coupon loaded on your Seapass card.

Hope that makes sense. See my post #12 above.

I am a new diamond...first sailing diamond in 3 weeks. I don't drink per say...just a frozen here and there. Can I go in the DL and get CANNED diet coke?

If you go to the DL say early, then are the free drinks taken off your account or can you then go to a bar with a non diamond friend?

Your sea pass card will allow you to get 3 sodas at the bars on the ship and you can get all 3 at once. Ask for them to be unopened and you can drink them at your leisure throughout the day(s).

Your sea pass card will allow you to get 3 sodas at the bars on the ship and you can get all 3 at once. Ask for them to be unopened and you can drink them at your leisure throughout the day(s).

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is perfect. The fountain sodas tastes a little funky to me. We were just on Allure and the freestyle machine was fine but to go to a bar the soda tasted like turpentine. Do they give you canned drinks in the DL? Do you know?

On Liberty in May they tasted the same so I was going to take my own soft drinks on board. Now I won't have to.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is perfect. The fountain sodas tastes a little funky to me. We were just on Allure and the freestyle machine was fine but to go to a bar the soda tasted like turpentine. Do they give you canned drinks in the DL? Do you know?

On Liberty in May they tasted the same so I was going to take my own soft drinks on board. Now I won't have to.

Do not count on this. Not all bartenders will do this.