Carnival Fareviewer Booking Engine

oceanbums

I can see two reasons they would have added the CAPTCHAs to the page. First is traffic related: CAPTCHA's generally will block some spam bots from being able to repeatedly submit the form; repeatedly submitting the form can cause traffic spikes and generally slow down a website.

The second I would suspect would be to prevent someone from creating an application that would use the same type of tools as a spambot but would automate the process of checking for price drops by regularly hitting that form, parsing the HTML result table and returning it to the application hitting the form.

So that's what those are called-CAPTCHAs; I've seen it on other sites but never on the fareviewer; does add a little more to the process of checking prices, but if it keeps the site from slowing down, that's a good thing.

I couldn't see the first code it was printed in light yellow so I had to click "see another code" or whatever the exact wording is. Actually had to do this a couple of times before I got a code I could read.

Archived