Bringing 16oz Energy Drinks on board under "new beverage policy"

RecoveryDude

Hi! Anyone have any experience bringing 16oz Monster energy drinks (in cans) on board in carry ons? Yes, I know the cans are only supposed to be 12oz but Monster doesn't make a 12oz and I HATE Red Bull. I would gladly purchase on board but they only sell Rockstar, which I also don't like. I only plan on bringing 6 cans for me (and my buddy will probably bring 6 for him) so it's not like we will be bringing cases and cases. Just curious if anyone has had success or if they are really going to be a stickler that it's over 12oz. We sail 9/10/15 out of Tampa on the Paradise.

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I was told by the Special Needs Department that I could not take my 16 ounce Apple Cider Vinegar in my carry on, therefore I do not think that 16 ounce monster drinks would be allowed.

I do have a dr.'s note and was told I could take it in my luggage. Hope it don't break!

Hi! Anyone have any experience bringing 16oz Monster energy drinks (in cans) on board in carry ons? Yes, I know the cans are only supposed to be 12oz but Monster doesn't make a 12oz and I HATE Red Bull. I would gladly purchase on board but they only sell Rockstar, which I also don't like. I only plan on bringing 6 cans for me (and my buddy will probably bring 6 for him) so it's not like we will be bringing cases and cases. Just curious if anyone has had success or if they are really going to be a stickler that it's over 12oz. We sail 9/10/15 out of Tampa on the Paradise.

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I've read 12 oz is the limit. You may get the 16 oz through, maybe not, probably not according to the CC posters. Why risk it?

What about the 5 or 6 hour energy drinks that come in a 2 or 3 oz. bottle? 6 of those shouldn't take up much space and they are sealed tight.

I only drink energy drinks on vacation ... It's a "treat" as I drink water only when im home .... And Monster is what i like - Id rather not drink them if I can't have my Monster.... So those little energy shots just won't do. Thanks for the suggestion Tho :)

I was told by the Special Needs Department that I could not take my 16 ounce Apple Cider Vinegar in my carry on, therefore I do not think that 16 ounce monster drinks would be allowed.

I do have a dr.'s note and was told I could take it in my luggage. Hope it don't break!

Difference is apple cider vinegar comes in bottles, OO's drinks are cans.

I only drink energy drinks on vacation ... It's a "treat" as I drink water only when im home .... And Monster is what i like - Id rather not drink them if I can't have my Monster.... So those little energy shots just won't do. Thanks for the suggestion Tho :)

np, I like water and n/a fruit smoothies myself.

Monster does have an 8 oz can that comes in a twelve pack. I pick them up at Costco. You would have to drink two for a full size Monster but it meets the size and quantity requirement.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

the bottom line is if you try to bring 16oz cans, they will probably stop you. Some people might have gotten it on and some probably have not.

its against the rules so if you want to take a chance , bring it and be prepared to bring it back to your car or throw them away if you get stopped.

no one here will be able to tell you what will happen to you. People definitely have been stopped.

You will be able to bring those size cans as long as you have a reasonable amount of cans like 12 max. I just did it on a recent cruise on the Miracle.

Did you have them discretely in your carry on and did anyone notice or say anything about them at all?

....THANK YOU! Glad to hear some positive news that someone was able to get them on. This is really what I was looking for ... to see if ANYONE had ever been successful ... I mean as I said, I will only bring 6 or maybe 8 of them ... not a whole suitcase full ... and assuming I find them somewhere 2 for $4 its not that much of an investment, worth taking a chance to have to leave them if I get stopped. But I'm hoping it will be ok.

I only like the amp ones in the special favors. I am pretty sure those only come in the 16 oz cans. I would really like to bring a few with me, but can certainly live without them too! I would just hate to buy them and then have to throw them away. It's so wasteful...

We just got off the freedom from Galveston last week

I carried a 4pack of monsters in my carry-on. as my bag went thru the scanner that operator was saying in a monotone voice, Have can drinks checked at back table, over and over, several times. almost like it was a button he pushed to make the statement. I gathered my stuff, my bags (2) and started towards the ship, I see the table to the left and a couple of people there having their stuff searched, but know one standing "guard" I just continued on and had no issues.

Will do the same again in oct. if it works ok if not ok also.

I heard that monsters make a 12oz can that can be found at the dollar store type places.

they sell energy drinks on the ship, like 10oz cans for $6 or so.

but not monsters.

Michael

DO you think your packed item will be thrown away? That is new policy -

I would attach a HUGE BOLD LETTER -medical item wrapped around it. and copy of physicians note. Let us know how it goes.

This is for RecoveryDude. I do not understand why you think you should be able to bring more on than you are allowed. First you stated you only wanted

to bring on six 16 oz. then a few post later you said you might bring 8 16 0z.

Before you know it you will be up to 12 16 ox. If you only drink water at home

why not drink water on the ship and you wont be breaking the rules. I think

if you work out more you would have plenty of energy and you would not

need a drink to pep you up. HAPPY SAILING!!!

haha! my bf is in the same position, well kinda was, I even went so far as to contact monster by email about the issue it was that serious to him. The response I got back from monster ( my bf likes the Ultra in the white can) anyways they did reply that on amazon they sometimes sell a 12oz version as well as a 8oz version. We did look online but they are sold out of the ultra he has luckily now switched to green tea (either peace tea or Arizona and they do sell them in 12 pack 8oz cans yay!) anyways try looking there or contacting monster maybe they can direct sell to you, which was going to be my other option with him had he kept whining about it.

Did you have them discretely in your carry on and did anyone notice or say anything about them at all?

....THANK YOU! Glad to hear some positive news that someone was able to get them on. This is really what I was looking for ... to see if ANYONE had ever been successful ... I mean as I said, I will only bring 6 or maybe 8 of them ... not a whole suitcase full ... and assuming I find them somewhere 2 for $4 its not that much of an investment, worth taking a chance to have to leave them if I get stopped. But I'm hoping it will be ok.

They were in my carry on. Just showed it to security after having it go through the x-ray machine. I only had 8 cans at the time.

This is for RecoveryDude. I do not understand why you think you should be able to bring more on than you are allowed. First you stated you only wanted

to bring on six 16 oz. then a few post later you said you might bring 8 16 0z.

Before you know it you will be up to 12 16 ox. If you only drink water at home

why not drink water on the ship and you wont be breaking the rules. I think

if you work out more you would have plenty of energy and you would not

need a drink to pep you up. HAPPY SAILING!!!

HEY BUDDY...THANKS FOR THE CONCERN... But I am NOT trying to "bring more" than I'm supposed to. The rules state you can bring 12 cans which are 12oz each ... Total of 144oz of beverage. I will bring a max of (8) 16oz cans which is 128oz ... Which is LESS than what's allowed. And I AM planning on drinking water on board, which I am happily buying from Carnival and already ordered from the fun Shopps. I would happily pay for the monster if they sold it. Im not trying to cheat CCL out of money like these ppl who smuggle alcohol on board, i just want to drink the brand of energy drinks I like while on vacation (and if the low cal Monster Rehabs came in smaller cans i would bring the smaller sizes). And I do work out every day, in fact I have lost over 65 pounds since the beginning of this year by changing my diet and exercising. So please do not "assume" you know what's up with me and do not try to blast me for "trying to bring extra" when clearly I am not. Have a great day!

HEY BUDDY...THANKS FOR THE CONCERN... But I am NOT trying to "bring more" than I'm supposed to. The rules state you can bring 12 cans which are 12oz each ... Total of 144oz of beverage. I will bring a max of (8) 16oz cans which is 128oz ... Which is LESS than what's allowed. And I AM planning on drinking water on board, which I am happily buying from Carnival and already ordered from the fun Shopps. I would happily pay for the monster if they sold it. Im not trying to cheat CCL out of money like these ppl who smuggle alcohol on board, i just want to drink the brand of energy drinks I like while on vacation (and if the low cal Monster Rehabs came in smaller cans i would bring the smaller sizes). And I do work out every day, in fact I have lost over 65 pounds since the beginning of this year by changing my diet and exercising. So please do not "assume" you know what's up with me and do not try to blast me for "trying to bring extra" when clearly I am not. Have a great day!

You should pat yourself on the back for losing 65 pounds which I think is a great accomplishment ,like you said this was done through diet change and exercise.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Gary

Ok ... Just went through security at Terminal 3 in Tampa - both me and my buddy had 6 large Monster cans in our carry-on bags and security DIDNT blink an eye. No one said ANYTHING and no one asked to check further - also there was no "naughty" table set up where they were searching bags - however, we were here at 10AM and one of the first few in the terminal. But FYI there was no problem bringing large cans on the ship.

3 hours till we set sail on the Paradise! Woo-Hoo!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't do energy drinks but depend on Gatorade at breakfast and lunch (due to stomach issues). I guess I will have to see if they still sell the box ones (and taste to see if I like it) and deal with those.

Just don't understand how they can't tell that Gatorade is unopened. I guess people can get the tops off and back on and they look unopened.

Oh Well!