"Valor", no Nassau for you.

SkyMaster

The lovely Mrs. Jones is currently aboard "Valor" doing a B2B. It appears that Carnival has decided to modify the itinerary, due to the storm, and has deleted the Monday stop in Nassau altogether. No great loss, in my opinion. The rest of the itinerary is unmodified, except that there will be an extended stop in St. Thomas. (EXCELLENT) :cool: THANKS CARNIVAL for taking good care of your passengers! ;)

"SKY"

LOL. Yes, missing Nassau is a GOOD thing.:D

NOW, I do feel bad for the passengers leaving on the Breeze today.

If I had planned an 8 night Southern, and it got completely changed to a Western, I'm not sure what I would do.:mad::mad:

haha I just talked to someone who was very upset they cancelled Nassau... I asked him if he was crazy... LOL I won't even book a cruise if it goes to the Bahamas!

I do feel sorry for the Breezers though... That SUCKS! in my opinion.

Agreed. Missing Nassau yay! Extended stay in any of the Virgin Islands yay. The Breeze passengers, unfortunately got the raw end of the deal. Safety first though, so I understand Carnival's reasoning.

haha I just talked to someone who was very upset they cancelled Nassau... I asked him if he was crazy... LOL I won't even book a cruise if it goes to the Bahamas!

I do feel sorry for the Breezers though... That SUCKS! in my opinion.

Perhaps this was going to be their first time in Nassau and that is why they are pissed. I'd be the same way if it was my first time to a particular port.

The lovely Mrs. Jones is currently aboard "Valor" doing a B2B. It appears that Carnival has decided to modify the itinerary, due to the storm, and has deleted the Monday stop in Nassau altogether. No great loss, in my opinion. ;)

"SKY"

OOPPS. I said "Monday" in Nassau. Should have been "Sunday". Looks like most of you agree that missing Nassau just "ain't no big thing". :rolleyes:

"SKY"

If I had planned an 8 night Southern, and it got completely changed to a Western, I'm not sure what I would do.:mad::mad:

Probably make the best of it and think twice next time about booking a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season!

Perhaps this was going to be their first time in Nassau and that is why they are pissed. I'd be the same way if it was my first time to a particular port.

I guess by upset I meant disappointed, not "pissed". No one should be "pissed" that Carnival cares about your safety more than taking you to any destination.

He totally got the safety thing. He was disappointed because he didn't think the ship would be fun instead. It was his first Carnival experience, so I just suggested he check out this board instead! Also, I assured him, Carnival will have plenty of fun for him.

LOL. Yes, missing Nassau is a GOOD thing.:D

Nothing. Just go with the flow. I can see being pissed for a time but then you gotta just move on and shake it off. I just got off the Southern route and would have gladly exchanged one of the regular stops such as Nassau for what I now consider the much over hyped Aruba.

YEP,,,NEVER MIND! Storm has dissipated, so the original itinerary is BACK ON! NASSAU, here they come! ;) (HA, The lovely, and talented Mrs. Jones was looking forward to TWO sea days.) :rolleyes:

"SKY"

She might be getting one after all. Valor didn't/couldn't dock in Nassau, she floated off into the fog. (the ship, the ship):D

She might be getting one after all. Valor didn't/couldn't dock in Nassau, she floated off into the fog. (the ship, the ship):D

HA! She's gonna get that extra SEA DAY after all! She's going to be SO HAPPY! :D

"SKY"

I agree, missing Nassau isn't a bad thing; however, I have only been there once and really want to check out Atlantis a little more, so one more trip to Nassau and I can safely skip that port.

The one port I wish they would skip MORE is Cozumel!! I truly don't like that port. I get off, hit the one or two shops where they have the best Mexican/Mayan handicrafts and I am back on the ship enjoying a virtually empty ship with no lines, choice of loungers by the pool, and never a line for lunch!

Perhaps when Carnival gets their own private island up and running Nassau and Freeport trips will be reduced.