Can I tell if FTTF is still available BEFORE booking a cruise?

RecoveryDude

Maybe. FTTF is considered an excursion and would be listed under a ships excursion list on the website. If it shows that it can be booked then it is available, if not shown it has been sold out. You have to be booked though to actually purchase FTTF IIRC.

Just curious if there is a way to tell on carnival's website if FTTF is available for a particular cruise BEFORE booking??

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Go to FTTF@Carnival.com

I did as I am trying to get FTTF myself. They put my name on a list in the order in which the request was rec'd and will notify me if a vacancy comes up. They will respond to your request very quickly. Worth a try.

Don

One week from today :-)

Maybe. FTTF is considered an excursion and would be listed under a ships excursion list on the website. If it shows that it can be booked then it is available, if not shown it has been sold out. You have to be booked though to actually purchase FTTF IIRC.

Unfortunately you can't tell if it's sold out until you put the excursion in your cart, and you can't do that if you are not booked on the cruise in the first place.

To the OP: I would call Carnival and ask.

Unfortunately you can't tell if it's sold out until you put the excursion in your cart, and you can't do that if you are not booked on the cruise in the first place.

To the OP: I would call Carnival and ask.

Gees, such a simple and great idea, to call Carnival and ask!! I can't beleive I didn't think of that. Ok, that's what I will do then, hopefully they should be able to look up and tell ... because if I'm going with a tender-heavy itinerary, I will want FTTF.

Thanks!:)

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Gees, such a simple and great idea, to call Carnival and ask!! I can't beleive I didn't think of that. Ok, that's what I will do then, hopefully they should be able to look up and tell ... because if I'm going with a tender-heavy itinerary, I will want FTTF.

Thanks!:)

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Also, if FTTF is already sold out, they may or may not offer more depending on the # or Platinum/Diamond on the ship.

From my experience FTTF will show up as sold out when sold out. If it isn't showing up as an option at all then it is not posted for that sailing yet.

For example, our November 28 Elation sailing shows "no tickets left", but our May 2016 Breeze does not even list it as an option. I asked John Heald about this earlier this week and he said they should be posted by the end of October.

Also, if FTTF is already sold out, they may or may not offer more depending on the # or Platinum/Diamond on the ship.

This is true. We've seen it sold out a few times, but checked back each day and got it. Like you said...it depends how many diamond/platinum book that cruise.

Yes you can check this. Do a booking and complete it with a 24 hour courtesy hold. Once you've done that, the system will list the cruise in your account as if you were actually going. From there you can book excursions.

Good luck!

Edited by InspireLiberty

From my experience FTTF will show up as sold out when sold out. If it isn't showing up as an option at all then it is not posted for that sailing yet.

For example, our November 28 Elation sailing shows "no tickets left", but our May 2016 Breeze does not even list it as an option. I asked John Heald about this earlier this week and he said they should be posted by the end of October.

This is strange. I am booked on an August 2016 Breeze cruise out of Galveston and have already purchased FTTF. Is the Breeze still in Florida in May? Would that make a difference?

We have FTTF booked on Breeze in July 2016, so I would think it would be available for May 2016 already as well. They might have already sold out of the original allotted amount.

And for the original OP- no, you can't find out about FTTF on your sailing on the website before you book.

If there's an active roll call going for that sailing you can also ask someone to check for you. Usually the roll calls are pretty knowledgeable about FTTF because there's always people looking for it. Maybe someone would know off hand or would be wiling to look!