International time travel watch,?

Mickie

My DH would like a watch, with some kind of clip, and the ability to have multiple international time options.

I've looked through all the travel merchandise stores, Magellan, etc., but can't find

anything appropriate, that would work in Australia or new Zealand.

Did a Google search, but just got various watches.

My DH would like a watch, with some kind of clip, and the ability to have multiple international time options.

I've looked through all the travel merchandise stores, Magellan, etc., but can't find

anything appropriate, that would work in Australia or new Zealand.

Did a Google search, but just got various watches.

Mr. Peabody* suggests the following for time travel:

Citizen® Eco-Drive® World Time A-T Mens Silver-Tone Watch AT9010-52E

*obscure cartoon reference

Edited by blizzardboy

There are various watches: 1) A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Time Zone; 2) Apple watch; and, 3) if you are into whimsy, go to TokyoFlash dot com, and look up "Kisai Vortex Wood LCD" which is a futuristic dual time zone watch. I have a different TokyoFlash watch and it works well. I have had it over 8 years now. Delivery from Japan did not take long.

We use an ipad with a program that allows us to key in a list of city times around the world. Press a button and the list of city/times pops up. We don't travel with a phone but my guess is something similar is available for a smart phone or netbook. We especially like it for Australia and SE Asia.

The reason we prefer the ipad to a travel watch is time/day. No issue in Europe but not the case in Australasia. And we want to know because we want to Skype...at the right time and the right day! Maybe we are too slow witted for the watch version.

Plus, I only travel with one of those inexpensive plastic watches.

Edited by iancal

Here you go. We call it the "Beach Bag Watch" because we use it clipped to the handle of our beach bag. It comes in white or black. I recommend the white one if you're going to use it like we do, since it doesn't get as hot from the sun. (Both the pictures and the text link to the product pages on Amazon, because I'm helpful like that. :) )

It's a dual time zone watch. I'm not aware of an actual World Time Watch that clips on, so this is about as close as you can get. Don't get too excited about the compass. It's mostly decorative.

If you just want an inexpensive World Time Watch (<$15) there's a Casio Wristwatch that fits the bill. It doesn't clip on, but you could probably MacGyver something using a carabiner clip.

Edited by POA1

The reason we prefer the ipad to a travel watch is time/day. No issue in Europe but not the case in Australasia. And we want to know because we want to Skype...at the right time and the right day! Maybe we are too slow witted for the watch version.

Plus, I only travel with one of those inexpensive plastic watches.

What will you be using to Skype?

Doesn't have a clip, but... I just got the Citizen eco-drive satellite wave CC9015-54E. It's a gorgeous titanium and sapphire glass watch with dual dials, GPS-time (both time and time zone/ positioning) and it's solar powered. The secondary dial is a 24 hour one. Has a perpetual calendar with date and day of the week. Also has chronograph and alarm. Since it's set by GPS, it should work well at sea too. A bit expensive though, but much more affordable than the equivalent Seiko ones. Citizen's radio-controlled world time watches are also much more affordable.

/Henrik