Elite on Princess...What Mariner Level will I be on HAL?

2Canucks

I'm Elite on Princess ...what level will I be on Holland America?

I have no knowledge of the Mariner Level system so would appreciate any info you can share with me.

Internet packages ...part of the Mariner system? (I have 500 Free minutes/cruise with Princess as part of my Elite level.)

Thank You for your help.

Pat

I'm Elite on Princess ...what level will I be on Holland America?

I have no knowledge of the Mariner Level system so would appreciate any info you can share with me.

Internet packages ...part of the Mariner system? (I have 500 Free minutes/cruise with Princess as part of my Elite level.)

Thank You for your help.

Pat

I don't think you will be anything.

You will be one-star with zero days. No free internet minutes until 5* on HAL :( All 1* gets you is an invite to the Mariner brunch near the end of the cruise where they pass out the souvenir tiles.

Sometimes HAL doesn't pick up the Princess cruise info automatically (happened to a friend) so if your HAL site My Account does not show it, send an email to the Mariner Society.

Edited by jtl513

You will be one-star with zero days. No free internet minutes until 5* on HAL :( All 1* gets you is an invite to the Mariner brunch near the end of the cruise where they pass out the souvenir tiles.

Sometimes HAL doesn't pick up the Princess cruise info automatically (happened to a friend) so if your HAL site My Account does not show it, send an email to the Mariner Society.

So does HAL give you credit for the days you've sailed on Princess? Am I reading this correctly. I thought each cruiseline did it's own thing and there was no crossover. If so, I need to call and get some days added.

No. As the post you quoted stated, those who have sailed on other CCL companies are 1* Mariners - with 0 days. Zip. Zero. Zilch. All that gets you is 1 star on your key card. You can also go to the Mariner brunch held during the cruise if you wish. I don't consider that much of a perk as those who aren't attending the brunch aren't left to starve. Food is still available elsewhere - and more choices are available than the VERY limited selection on the Mariner menu. :rolleyes:

When I started sailing on Princess all of my HAL stars meant diddly squat. I had the blue key card - just like every other first timer.

So does HAL give you credit for the days you've sailed on Princess? Am I reading this correctly. I thought each cruiseline did it's own thing and there was no crossover. If so, I need to call and get some days added.

If you had attained an upper-tier loyalty level with a given line, wouldn't you be a little peeved if someone who had attained the same level with a different line was given your perks and recognition just for showing up?

Many have wondered if, or when, Carnival Corp will offer cross-lines reciprocity on loyalty levels, but I think the individual lines want, need, and have worked too hard to develop their own market identities to go this direction.

Edited by blizzardboy

I wish Carnival Corp would give reciprocity but they don't. It would encourage me to try their other companies when I need an itinerary HAL doesn't have.

If you are elite on Celebrity, you get similar status if you sail their sister companies, Royal Caribbean or Azamara.

If you had attained an upper-tier loyalty level with a given line, wouldn't you be a little peeved if someone who had attained the same level with a different line was given your perks and recognition just for showing up?
Yes, especially if that level was attained by booking cheaper cruises, such as Carnival.

A while ago I emailed the HAL Mariner Society if they had any plans to combine with the other HAL Group programs. Also if they were planning on adding 6 stars.

I did not receive a reply, not even an acknowledgment, so the answer may be no, or yes, or maybe. Stay tuned, I suppose.

Too bad that Carnival Corp doesn't give credits for levels across its cruise lines. RCI gives benefits on Celebrity, Azamara and RC at the highest level equivalent. For example when I went on Azamara and RC for the first time I got the benefits of my level on Celebrity. At the Platinum level on Princess I get some free internet(last time 250 minutes) as well as priority boarding and other things but as a 3* Mariner there isn't much on offer. I hope Carnival Corp will change it's policy in the future.

Where do i get the form for the Shareholder credit?

You don't have to use any special form to get the shareholder credit.

Just fax (yes, fax, not e-mail) or snail mail in a recent proof of ownership of at lease 100 shares of CCL stock.

A recent brokerage statement, with account numbers and such things as other holdings blacked out, can be sent, with a cover letter listing your name, ship, sailing date, and booking number, with a request that the credit be applied.

Also request that verification this has been done be e-mailed to you, and bring that with you in case you need it.