Train to Paris after disembarkation in Amsterdam

We will be cruising Norway on Koningsdam in August. When we disembark in Amsterdam we want to take the train to Paris. HAL doesn't provide transportation to the train station, so I did a little research, and want to make sure this is correct:

The train station we would go to is Amsterdam Central?

We can purchase train tickets on the Rail Europe website?

Is that correct?

Thanks!

Yes, you are correct but not necessarily wise :). In many cases, purchasing train tickets on the RailEurope site means paying a premium for your tickets. Let me give you an example based on a check I just performed for the June 15, 9:17 fast train from Amsterdam to Paris. On Rail Europe a 2nd class ticket is $168 and a first class $180. But if I go on the SNCF (French Railroad) site a 2nd class ticket would be $155 ..but they have a sale on 1st class for only $129!

And we should mention that there are lower prices for those over age 60. We often use the SNCF site when buying tickets involving France. It is a little tricky and when it asks where you live you should say France (not the USA). At the end you buy online and they immediately e-mail your ticket. There are other European railroad sites (we have heard good things about the German site)...but we use SNCF.

As to getting to the Central Station, it is not very far from the cruise port but too far for most folks to walk with luggage. And using the cheap tran with luggage is also difficult. So it probably makes the most sense to simply exit the terminal and grab a taxi. Not sure about the fare, but it should be less than 15€.

Hank

Excellent information by Hank.

Be aware that train prices are sometimes better when you book longer in advance. So keep checking the website.

Also be aware that sometimes cabdrivers unfortunately donot want to accept/drive the short ride from the cruise terminal to Centraal Station if they know other passengers will want a longer and more expensive drive.

In that case take tramnr. 26 to Centraal Station.

.........................Also be aware that sometimes cabdrivers unfortunately donot want to accept/drive the short ride from the cruise terminal to Centraal Station if they know other passengers will want a longer and more expensive drive.

In that case take tramnr. 26 to Centraal Station.

Is there a tramhalte / tramstop in front of the Amsterdam cruise terminal?

We will be cruising Norway on Koningsdam in August. When we disembark in Amsterdam we want to take the train to Paris. HAL doesn't provide transportation to the train station, so I did a little research, and want to make sure this is correct:

The train station we would go to is Amsterdam Central?

We can purchase train tickets on the Rail Europe website?

Is that correct?

Thanks!

When we took the train from Amsterdam to Paris we opted for the regular train as opposed to the bullet train because we wanted to see the countryside on the way. We were armed with maps of the route. We looked at it as a sightseeing trip rather than just transportation. You end at Gare Du Nord in Paris where there were a lot of taxis.

We also chose to book all of our transportation through our gem of a travel agent here in the USA. It didn't cost any more than to book on the European sites. We felt that if we hit any problems we could buy another ticket locally and text her to take care of the mess. :D

There's a website bahn dot com that has ALL the train schedules for Europe including the stops along the way and any train changes you make (there aren't any changes from Amsterdam Central Station to Paris).

We didn't book through them but the info on that site was fantastic.

The stop Amsterdam, Muziekgebouw Bimhuisis across Piet Heinkade and a half block west from the cruise terminal.

The German ril site (bahn.com) is fantastic for both info and booking.

The stop Amsterdam, Muziekgebouw Bimhuisis across Piet Heinkade and a half block west from the cruise terminal.

The German ril site (bahn.com) is fantastic for both info and booking.

Thanks Dave; very short trip to A'dam Centraal!

Not in front anymore, but closeby, in front of muziektheater next door. Tram 26 from IJburg to Centraal station. From cs of course many trams into any direction.

It just makes my day to help a Dutchman navigate Amsterdam!

My city of birth, no less ;) But the Amsterdam Cruise Terminal + any tram lines stopping there were not around when I left for "the new world" :)

I have booked high speed trains from Amsterdam to Paris a couple of times. On each occasion raileurope.com only display high speed trains options 90 days or less from departure date. So be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Prinsendam is docking on July 6 at Ljmuiden, not in town Amsterdam. This port, Ljmuiden, is quite a ways from either Central Amsterdam and the airport. I'm thinking we can get a transfer to the airport and catch the train there. The speed train does stop at the airport, right? We've never tried the airport stop before. Is there any problems with that station?

We can also get a Holland transfer to the Park Plaza Victoria hotel not far from the Central Station. Maybe that's a better plan?

Pamela Davis, Gold River, CA

Prinsendam is docking on July 6 at Ljmuiden, not in town Amsterdam. This port, Ljmuiden, is quite a ways from either Central Amsterdam and the airport. I'm thinking we can get a transfer to the airport and catch the train there. The speed train does stop at the airport, right? We've never tried the airport stop before. Is there any problems with that station?

We can also get a Holland transfer to the Park Plaza Victoria hotel not far from the Central Station. Maybe that's a better plan?

Check the trains and see which station offers fewer connections and more convenient times.

Schiphol Airport's NS (Nederlandse Spoorwegen/Dutch Railways) station is a modern, but small, railway station with only two platforms underground. Not sure if the high speed train to Brussels/Paris makes a stop there from Amsterdam Centraal station. You'd better confirm unless local resident and wealth of info, Ine knows

All the high speed connections from Amsterdam central station to Paris do pass by and stop at the Schiphol train station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the high speed connections from Amsterdam central station to Paris do pass by and stop at the Schiphol train station.

OK, hartstikke bedankt en het beste! / Thanks and all the best!

We just took the HAL transfer to Plaza Victoria. Despite being advertised as $32/pp we were only charged $22/pp as were others. You are less then five minutes walk to the central station. Just watch out for the bikes ;).

bahn.com will give you definitive information on the routes, schedules, and stops. It's in English and easy to use.

Bahn.com is for Germany. Also Schiphol has 6 platforms not 2 and the Thalys train stops both there and Amsterdam Central.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01L using Tapatalk

BAHN.com is a German site, but provides easy to use searches for trains throughout Europe, such as the Amsterdam-Paris route.

I just want to thank the OP for starting this thread and everyone who has replied. You have inspired us and we will do Paris after our cruise thanks to the wonderful ideas here :)