Trip insurance

victory2020

Hello,

I am going on a cruise with my sister & she is getting insurance for her part. She is looking for a plan that covers pre-exisiting conditions & I believe she wants to be able to cancel for any reason. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm assuming if she cancels I won't have to pay for single supplement.

Hello,

I am going on a cruise with my sister & she is getting insurance for her part. She is looking for a plan that covers pre-exisiting conditions & I believe she wants to be able to cancel for any reason. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm assuming if she cancels I won't have to pay for single supplement.

To cover pre-existing conditions she'd have to get the insurance within two weeks of booking. Is she within that time? I suggest she speak with a broker at insuremytrip.com and tell them what she wants in a policy.

I have used TravelGuard.com for our last two cruises.

i got pneumonia in philippines. allianza ins were very good . called me several times in and out of the hospital. they would have paid the hosp directly, but the hosp dont allow it...they want there pesos right awat.. as soon as i submitted hosp bill and dr bills they paid very quick..100percent..

To cover pre-existing conditions she'd have to get the insurance within two weeks of booking. Is she within that time? I suggest she speak with a broker at insuremytrip.com and tell them what she wants in a policy.

All insurance companies are different when it comes to Pre-Existing coverage for example Nationwide policy is the condition is at final cruise payment.

I'm assuming if she cancels I won't have to pay for single supplement.

This has been discussed many times and I don't know if anyone has given/gotten a definitive answer. But you will def want to look at it before you guys get past final payment. There are few scenarios:

1. she cancels 1 day after final payment. She forfeits her deposit, but is returned the remainder of her cruise fare. Her insurance will refund her lost deposit but someone still certainly owes the cruise line the rest of her portion of the cruise fare.

2. she cancels 1 day before the cruise. She forfeits all of her cruise fare. She must cancel, to get the paperwork to give to her insurance company to get her reimbursement. It is unclear if you would then be charge a single supplement or if what she has paid would fulfill it. Most people recommend not canceling at this point and just no-showing, but in the scenario she couldn't use the insurance.

Either way, if I were you I would get the answers for both of those scenarios since it sounds like she's pretty iffy on whether or not she will be going on the trip.

This has been discussed many times and I don't know if anyone has given/gotten a definitive answer. But you will def want to look at it before you guys get past final payment. There are few scenarios:

1. she cancels 1 day after final payment. She forfeits her deposit, but is returned the remainder of her cruise fare. Her insurance will refund her lost deposit but someone still certainly owes the cruise line the rest of her portion of the cruise fare.

2. she cancels 1 day before the cruise. She forfeits all of her cruise fare. She must cancel, to get the paperwork to give to her insurance company to get her reimbursement. It is unclear if you would then be charge a single supplement or if what she has paid would fulfill it. Most people recommend not canceling at this point and just no-showing, but in the scenario she couldn't use the insurance.

Either way, if I were you I would get the answers for both of those scenarios since it sounds like she's pretty iffy on whether or not she will be going on the trip.

Thank you. Something to discuss.

I don't know but I once looked into buying insurance outside the cruise line with pre existing conditions and cancel for any reason. It goes by age and if you are on the older side it is VERY VERY expensive. Any of you know of any insurance like that but reasonable price?

CSA Custom Luxe offers coverage of pre-existing conditions if purchased before or within 24 hours of FINAL payment.