Honolulu Hop on/Hop off

asand5554

i'd love some feedback on the Hop On/ Hop Off Trolley in Honolulu. We typically enjoy this type of transportation/tour - giving us a commentary to get some background and information, while allowing us to pick and chose the sights we wish to see along the route. The website was a little confusing, so I'm not exactly sure which routes are the best.

i'd love some feedback on the Hop On/ Hop Off Trolley in Honolulu

It is BAD. Just use The Bus, the city public bus system, which is great.

I am a big fan of the HoHo bus in lots of places, San Diego, LA, etc, but in Honolulu it stinks.

Thanks, seems to be the consensus....

With that said, any recommendation for tours? Or are we better off renting a car for a day or two to see the highlights. We will be on Oahu for 3 1/2 days post cruise.

Just rent the car, then you can go WHEN and WHERE you want. We have used TheBus lots of times during our 12 previous visits, but we were always there from 2-3 weeks at a time. For your short visit, a rental car will serve you well.

Thanks, seems to be the consensus....

With that said, any recommendation for tours? Or are we better off renting a car for a day or two to see the highlights. We will be on Oahu for 3 1/2 days post cruise.

In urban Honolulu (airport to Diamond Head and everything in between) use The Bus, Uber, etc.

To see the island rent a car for the day at least and do a circle tour. TripAdvisor Oahu has some great ideas for that.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29222-c124540/Oahu:Hawaii:Driving.Tours.html

You can do the math on car rental (car costs, parking costs, etc) vs taxi/shuttle to and from the hotel, Uber/The Bus costs to Pearl Harbor, Downtown (Iolani Palace etc), Ala Moana Mall, Diamond Head crater, etc and see what is the most cost effective.

On a very short trip I think a one day rental will work out the best.