Radiance Cabin Questions - Alaska Cruise - Cabins 1026 and 1522

fedfamily

This will be our first time cruising Alaska and I am unsure of the balcony cabins on Radiance of the Seas that we were assigned (1026/1522). They are Deck 10 and next to the forward elevator/stair area. Does anyone have experience with these particular cabins or cabins near the same area? Additionally would it matter if we are starboard or portside for this cruise as we are traveling Seward to Vancouver? I am pretty certain all the aft cabins are long gone. Sailing is mid-August 2018. Thanks in advance for any help!!

This will be our first time cruising Alaska and I am unsure of the balcony cabins on Radiance of the Seas that we were assigned (1026/1522). They are Deck 10 and next to the forward elevator/stair area. Does anyone have experience with these particular cabins or cabins near the same area? Additionally would it matter if we are starboard or portside for this cruise as we are traveling Seward to Vancouver? I am pretty certain all the aft cabins are long gone. Sailing is mid-August 2018. Thanks in advance for any help!!

That's pretty far forward but if that the best option you have at this time...however do keep checking for perhaps something more midship. We usually stay mid-aft but have had extended family in the #8500 a couple of times...these are a long walk and for some reason it seems farther than the aft cabins and farther away from areas we spend time once on onboard.

The side of the ship shouldn't matter...this is a great itinerary ... we've done the northbound on Radiance 4 times and this ship is a favorite of ours. Enjoy !!

FedFam: those seem like very nice cabins, and as CB said -- you can choose between port and starboard at will (as long as you are friendly enough to allow the other half of the family to enter your room! and no one is napping!). The elevator well should not be objectionable and provides a convenient way to cross between the hallways.

That said -- across the Gulf of of Alaska, the view is the same (water with possible wildlife sightings), and Hubbard Glacier the ship will rotate so everyone gets a chance to see, coming in to the ports, either side could see something interesting, and through the Inside Passage and the strait between Vancouver Island and British Columbia the views are everywhere!

You can ask in the RCI forum if anyone knows more about that area of the ship on the Radiance in particular -- I got my ideas from their website.