First time in Bermuda

mitchden

My wife and I will be in Bermuda for 2 days in mid-July. We'd like to go on a half-day tour the first day and go to the beach the second day. The ship tour excursions are pretty expensive. When we get off the ship, can we get a "group" tour and would it be cheaper than booking a similar excursion on the ship?

We've done that in Puerto Rico and several Caribbean islands and the off-ship tours were less expensive.

Thanks.

My wife and I will be in Bermuda for 2 days in mid-July. We'd like to go on a half-day tour the first day and go to the beach the second day. The ship tour excursions are pretty expensive. When we get off the ship, can we get a "group" tour and would it be cheaper than booking a similar excursion on the ship?

We've done that in Puerto Rico and several Caribbean islands and the off-ship tours were less expensive.

Thanks.

Assuming you are on a ship docked at the Dockyard when you get off there is a parking area that is divided into zones. There are zones for Minibus Tours and Taxi Tours. There will be operators in those zones soliciting business. The Minibuses can take 10 or 12. There are taxis that can take up to 7. It will be less expensive than the cruise lines excursions.

You could also pre arrange a tour. There is a thread about Bermuda Private Guides on the forum.

What cruise ship?

You could take a "blue flag" taxi tour of the island; the rate is $50/hr, minimum of 3 hours. You could design your own tour or the driver/guide can show you his Bermuda. You could do this with another couple from your roll call to cut the rate in half.

SBtS