Price of Cruise Port Tour

mitchden

How much are the half-day "bus" tours at the cruise port? Trying to decide if I should take the cruise excursion or find a tour when I get off the ship. First time in Bermuda and I'm interested in seeing Hamilton, etc.

Would you consider doing a taxi tour? The rate is $50/hr for up to 4 passengers, minimum of 3 hours. You can design your own tour or the driver/guide can do it for you.

I wouldn't include Hamilton in your tour because you can take the ferry to Hamilton (20 minute ride), and then do a walking tour there. The fare would be $4.50 (token) each way.

Why would you want to share a mini-bus tour with 14 of your closest friends when you could share a taxi with 3 of your closest friends?

SBtS

How much are the half-day "bus" tours at the cruise port? Trying to decide if I should take the cruise excursion or find a tour when I get off the ship. First time in Bermuda and I'm interested in seeing Hamilton, etc.

Taxi Tour rates are $50 an hour 1 to 4 passengers or $70 an hour 5 to 7 passengers. The taxi rate is shared, not per person.

Minibus tour rates are $10 per person for each hour.

77150d860c271d7c553f947f17afb451.jpg

2bb4a21172f58199766fe4d232c59181.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

We have a group of 7 so can we just get off and do the mini-bus tour without booking ahead of time? One tour we were considering is $69 per person for 5 hours. At $10 pp per hour it would be a better deal to wait. My only concern would be if there are noon available we when get there.

We have a group of 7 so can we just get off and do the mini-bus tour without booking ahead of time? One tour we were considering is $69 per person for 5 hours. At $10 pp per hour it would be a better deal to wait. My only concern would be if there are noon available we when get there.

How do you figure it would be better to wait? Your $69 per person would be $345. The $10 per person for five hours would be $350.

In any case you can take a Blue Flag taxi tour with your group of seven. That would be the same $350 if you did it for 5 hours. $70 an hour. There are plenty of Blue Flag drivers so it should not be hard to get one when you get off or you can arrange for one in advance. It makes more sense for your size group to do a taxi tour than a minibus tour. The minibus driver or the $69 tour is probably going to want to fill their minibus up. 12,15, 17 or whatever size vehicle. It won’t be a private tour. The taxi which is just a smaller minivan that can take a maximum of 7 will be a private tour.

Okay this morning I see what you are saying as the $69 per person would be multiplied by 7. $483. But what you want to do if you have 7 is book a taxi tour, not a minibus tour. $70 an hour times 5 would be $350. And it would be a private tour. Also you don’t have to do 5 hours. The minimum is 3. So you could do less or more than 5. The minibuses are shared ride. The only time it might make sense to do a minibus tour or the $69 pp tour is if you are 1 or 2.

Edited by Charles4515